Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Aspen Overhead DVD Monitor - DEAD

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Default Fixed!!!!!!!

Dshaver,

Thank you so much! My family has a 2008 Aspen, and like most here, the screen started to act up and finally went out. First were green color lines, then it became unwatchable. Finally the screen went out totally. I went to the local dealership (Rockwall Texas), and even told them about this post and if they could check the ribbon cable. The said it would take 3-4 hours to check, but they said they would. After the did their "diagnosis" we were told it would be $968.89 to replace the monitor due to it being "DEAD". Their tests revealed the only part that was not operational was the screen.

I wanted a second opinion so we took the vehicle to Car Toys, they said the same thing, the monitor is dead and they recommend the dealer replacement or an individual unit which does not connect to the VES they were selling for like $600.00 dollars!

Third opinion was Best Buy, they said the monitor was dead and to go with the dealer's recommendation of replacing the unit.

I told my wife we could spend around $30 bucks for a new ribbon cable and see if that is the culprit. Well, we got the ribbon off the eBay link, followed your instructions, and BOOM, works great, even better than before (use to have a slight green tint). I want to thank you all, and especially dshaver, my kids are so happy!

DO NOT REPLACE THE ENTIRE UNIT until at least giving the ribbon cable replacement a shot! Only took about 1 to 1 1/2 hours!

Thanks again,

John

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 6616
Size:  49.4 KB

Old 02-28-2018, 06:50 AM
Default My 07 Aspen's VES

Thank you for this thread...Can someone tell me where I can find, or how I can access, the additional mounting screws to take this off of the ceiling? (Not the ones that are above the remote!) Thanks.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:31 PM
Default My 07 Aspen's VES

I think my ves is different than this one....I'm so surprised that there isn't more information on this on the web. I'm sure there are more than two phillips head screws holding this up but they are challenging to find. If anyone has additional information as to how to remove this from the ceiling I would be glad to hear it. If I learn of anything I'll try to post it. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Aspen Overhead DVD Monitor - DEAD-ves.jpg   Aspen Overhead DVD Monitor - DEAD-ves1.jpg