Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

A few issues - Could use some advice - 2007 Aspen 5.7L

Old 04-15-2015, 10:23 AM

At least they fixed it the first time, as long as you have your ticket # or invoice I would bring it back to the attention of Chrysler and have them repair again.

What kind of lack job did they do for it to come back again, clearly they had some poor prep on their end.

I will take a picture of the extent of my rust and upload a picture to the post later today. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Old 06-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Default RUST - Rear Drivers Door

Here is the only problematic door on the truck, approved to be fixed by Chrysler. Apparently they are getting an entire new door, painting and replacing.

Cost was over $3000.00; Here are some pictures of the damage, I will post some more at job completion.
-

-

-

-

Old 06-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Angry 2007 Aspen

I have a crazy instrument panel... The car drives fine but the warning signals, tach and speedometer keep going off and on ... When the car is turned off, there are clicking noises under the hood and the alarm went off ....Haunted??

Old 06-06-2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by cdquest
I have a crazy instrument panel... The car drives fine but the warning signals, tach and speedometer keep going off and on ... When the car is turned off, there are clicking noises under the hood and the alarm went off ....Haunted??
You may want to create a new thread for this.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:35 PM

Thanks for all your info on this thread. Funny thing is that I'm having several of the same issues as you are having. Gas Cap light, P0456 & P0457 code and intermittent overfill issue. So I'm glad to see the repair for these are not that costly.

I did purchase an extended 2 yr warranty for the truck when I bought it last September. However, when I called them yesterday to check on the process for getting all this fixed, they said EVAP issues are not covered under this warranty. Sadly, I have a feeling my other issues I'm having (P03441 code for the MDS Cylinder #6, Oil loss of about a quart per 600 miles, intermittent rough idle when moving back and forth during parking and a water leak on the drivers door) will not be covered as well. Which makes me wonder if this warranty is even worth it. So now I'm scared to see the cost of all this. This may be the nail that makes me get rid of this truck fast.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:16 AM

Personally, I think the Aspen is a great asset and is worth fixing. I just had the rust fixed, dealer did a fantastic job, matches perfectly with the other panels. This weekend I did the pads and rotors, and of course had a problem come up (unrelated). Alternator started whining and battery lamp came on. Truck shut down in the middle of the road. Had a friend jump it last night just to get it home. Ordered the re-manufactured unit from Chrysler this morning, a whopping $416 after taxes. Yikes! I will post pics of the install, doesn't look too difficult.
-

-

-

-
Any tips for alternator replacement?

Old 06-15-2015, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by elusive416
Any tips for alternator replacement?
I just replaced mine a few months ago. It was the first mechanical problem I've had with the truck. Unfortunately, I was away from home when it failed, so I was forced to use a non-OEM part. Hopefully it lasts.

It's a fairly easy job, as the alternator sits right on top of the engine. Based on the work you've already been doing on your Aspen, this should be a 20-30 minute job.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the response 15951a. I have one question for you, is it necessary to remove the fan shroud? If so when removing the fan did you need to disconnect the upper rad hose on the right side? Looking at the motor with the hood open, seems that it would be beneficial to move that piece out of the way.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by elusive416
I have one question for you, is it necessary to remove the fan shroud?
I did it without removing the fan shroud, but it might make the job a little easier.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:46 AM

Thanks, it took about 40 minutes to remove. Hopefully the dealer gets my part in today. I did it with the shroud in, just a little trickier to get to those black plate bolts. I also didn't have the right socket size so I just grabbed the tensioner with my hand and pulled the belt off. Its not going to be fun putting it back on with one hand.
-
Intake removed

-
Alternator removed

-
Denso failed alternator

-

Serpentine belt seems to be in good shape so I will just leave the original.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A few issues - Could use some advice - 2007 Aspen 5.7L