Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Intermittent climate control backlighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 AM
Default Intermittent climate control backlighting

Hi, I have a 2008 Chrysler Aspen with dual zone front climate control and rear heat/air. A few months ago the rear unit stopped working.
Thanks to daylight savings time I've not noticed that the backlight display for the temperature control system is not working. A couple of days ago magically the rear unit started working again and to my surprise when it came on and so did the back light on the temperature control. I have a hard time believing the tour related, but after seeing it happen twice no rear unit no light rear unit starts working we have light I decided to investigate the rear unit.
The tour the rear end apart check the blower motor it's good was unable to verify if the resistor was good so I ordered a new one replaced it. That did not fix the problem with through unit it still works intermittently.
Reality is I'd love to have both my back lights and rear you working are the two intertwine somehow?
But the most important question really is what is causing the backlights to work intermittently is it tied to the rear unit do I have a short somewhere is at the head unit has anybody else ran across this problem?

Thanks

Old 12-15-2013, 09:07 PM

Quick follow-up in case anyone else comes across this problem. Found a poor connection on the main heater control panel, The long straight plug was not seated all the way.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:50 AM

When you say a main heater control panel connection,do you mean the front dash climate control. I have a 2007 Aspen that the front controls work but no rear air, as soon as I hit the REAR button on top right of front dash climate control the display changes to just Zeros where temp for driver and passenger temps normally are and the climate control no longer responds to input for any function until the aspen sits with engine turned off.