Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.
View Poll Results: My thoughts are
Yes I have had some of these problems
33.33%
No I have had none of these problems
66.67%
You are probably SOL
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Liftgate, Navigation, Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Default Liftgate, Navigation, Bluetooth Issues

I am looking for some assistance with my 2008 Chrysler Aspen. These three issues are unrelated and rather quarky.

The first issue is with the Power Liftgate. I recently was out buying groceries and when I returned to my vehicle to load the "trunk" space of the vehicle, the power lift gate would not open; however, it does beep twice each time you try to open it. I tried the button on the remote, the button in the center overhead console and manually opening it. All three ways results in the same thing the liftgate beeps twice and will not open. Any suggestions?

The second issue is with the Bluetooth/Navigation System. When I first purchased the vehicle, I would have my phone connected via bluetooth and would issue the command to call "X" person. It would reply stating that there are no numbers/people in the address book. Well a year later I got a disk in the mail that was a firmware update (approx july 2009) so I put in the update and then my bluetooth commands worked with no problems. I could just say the name of the individual it would then look in my phone (i don't have anyone in the "systems addressbook" only in the phone and it would find them and place the call. Then I just received another disk (july 2010) for the new firmware update and it no longer works again. Does anyone know if there is a new firmware update to fix this issue.

The third issue is that I recently purchased (through a dealer) an official mopar ipod adapter for my vehicle, it doesn't work. When the dealer first installed it they said that there wasn't a slot on the back of the Navigation system to plug it in and said they had to order a different wireing harness. So they did that and it was an expensive harness. Then after they put that in it still doesn't work. Does anyone know of any updates to the system software so that it would recognize the device or should I suspect that it was installed incorrectly. I only suspect incorrect installation because my iphone doesn't even get power from it. Is there an update to the system for the ipods to work through the USB port?

Any help/suggestions of fixing for any of these concerns or issues would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:24 PM

I have had the power lift gate problem and I went to the dealer. They replaced a part and all is well.

I also have a 2008 and never received a disc for a firmware upgrade. Just out of curiosity why would you buy an ipod integration kit when you already have it in the Navigation unit? My Nav has the USB which you can connect the ihone or ipod as well as the jack. Maybe my Nav unit is different from yours. In fact I jsut discovered that I can charge my iphone using the USB port.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the info fledda. I purchased the iPod integration kit because my nav system will not play through the USB port when plugged into the iPhone. It will let me charge from it but it will not play from it. Hopefully someone has solved this problem and will post back to me.

Do you know what they replaced on your liftgate. And how much was the bill?

Thanks again