Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Low beam bulb out.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Default Low beam bulb out.....

Hey guys I got a low beam bulb about was planning on changing it wanted something brighter than factory but with no modifications any recommendations

Old 02-08-2019, 08:53 AM

I used the Sylvania Silver Star.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 PM

In my experience there isn't a better traditional bulb for your money than the Philips X-tremeVision Headlight Bulb. Aspen is part number 9008 or H13. Same thing. Brightness and longevity outmatches or meets all the sylvanias that I used to get. Plus better priced (i assume because they don't market it like sylvania does). They are a combo unit of high and low. So it's only one bulb on our Aspens. Remember to pop the little plastic door in the wheel well behind the light assembly by the tire and remove the bolt there. Not fun to break....don't ask me how I know lol. $36 on amazon w/ coupon clip
Amazon Amazon

I just bought an LED set for my Jeep, pretty impressive increase in performance and will probably outlast any traditional one. The only downside (to me) is the whiteness of the light. Not a fan. But much better than the ridiculous blue ones I have seen.
https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-Headlight-Conversion-Adjustable-Warranty/dp/B07GKCNPD1 https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-Headlight-Conversion-Adjustable-Warranty/dp/B07GKCNPD1
It's a more bright white color. But not as nice as the traditional ones like the Philips up above which bright white-ish but still yellow tint. No mods are needed with these. Just plug in like the old ones. Hook up the wire harness. (although the polarity matters when you plug it in. So test it before reinstalling the assembly to make sure it's working). If it isn't it's because the plug needs rotated and plugged back in and that will make it work. If you do get these kind. One word of warning is that some vehicles might have issues with flicker etc in those cases you need this -
Amazon Amazon
But that is also plug and play. The vehicle I installed them on without this extra part was an '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Last edited by themps; 02-11-2019 at 10:27 PM.