Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Mopar Remote Start

Old 10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Default Mopar Remote Start

I had the aftermarket remote start added to my aspen. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to disable the horn on this unit? It can be annoying sometimes that the horn has to go off 3 times to start the vehicle.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Default RE: Mopar Remote Start

mine doesn't do that. i guess there is hope to get it turned off.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:48 PM

Did you get a manual with yours aftermarket unit?

Old 10-04-2008, 09:26 PM

I did get a manual with it and I have tried to disconnect the wire that is listed as the horn control. After disconnecting this all the system does is flash the parking lights and never starts the vehicle, therefor I had to reconnect it to get the system to work at all. I also had it in to the dealership and they said that they cannot do it either. Maybe I need to go to a different dealership.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 PM

yup, somebody took the short bus to work that morning!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 PM

Our factory Remote Start sounds the horn twice before starting the engine. I have not tried to defeat the horn sounding so cannot offer a thought.

I like the two horns indicating the request has been received. That way I don't have to guess if the engine started or not.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 PM

hmmm, mine doesn't honk, but it does run with it's marker lights on.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 AM

Some of you say that your remote start doesn't honk at all? Is this an aftermarket remote start from mopar? If so did you have it turned off, or is that the way it functioned right after installation. If someone has had an aftermarket mopar remote start put on there aspen and the horn doesn't go off can you tell me the dealership that did it please. I would like to contact them so they can explain to my less priviledged dealership how to accomplish this.

Thank You

Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 PM

I JUST BOUGHT AN 07 ASPEN FOR MY WIFE WITH 25000 MILES ON IT. SHE LOVES IT BUT I CAN NOT GET THE REMOTE START TO WORK. WHEN I HIT THE BUTTON TWICE THE LIGHTS FLASH AND THE HORN BLOWS BUT THE MOTOR DOES NOT START. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 PM

check to make sure all the requirements are met. The hood closed, (or push button is working under the hood),doors closed, vehicle is in park, batt is good,might be a long shot, but, enough fuel? Have you checked the manual for troubleshooting? Ido know that if youuse the start buttontoo many times, it will not start, you would then have to manually start it with the key, shut it off, get out lock with the fob and then try again.Hope you find theproblem... it's getting cold out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mopar Remote Start