Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Mopar Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Default RE: Mopar Remote Start

Is the remote start an aftermarket mopar ad-on or did it come with the vehicle from factory? Does it have a seperate FOB forthe remote start? If so they had some problems with the after market hood switches failing and this wold cause the truck not to start. Check with your dealership to see if this is the case. Also try adjusting the hood switch and try again.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:05 PM

Bradbutcher, one thing I foundthat will cause just blinking and not starting. If you push the panic button, the remote start won't work until you start with the key again.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 PM

All doors must be closed including the tail gate. My 08 Limted Sig. Series has a factory remote start. The horn sounds twice in short clips and then starts right up. If I hit it again, it shuts off.

You may want to go through setting the alarm and dis-arming a couple of times. Mine was broken into last month by having the drivers side window smashed out. The remote start would not work until the alarm was cycled through from the key fob a couple of times. I forget exactly how many, but there is a full section on this in the owners manual.

Hope this helps.

Kumiko

ORIGINAL: Al B

check to make sure all the requirements are met. The hood closed, (or push button is working under the hood),doors closed, vehicle is in park, batt is good,might be a long shot, but, enough fuel? Have you checked the manual for troubleshooting? Ido know that if youuse the start buttontoo many times, it will not start, you would then have to manually start it with the key, shut it off, get out lock with the fob and then try again.Hope you find theproblem... it's getting cold out!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:24 PM

I think I may have the answer for some of you who have the honking horn, and don't want the honking horn. In the overhead confuser, there is a "switch" for "horn honk with lock", shut this off,they may be tied together.Just a thought!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a manual for the factory remote starter?
I'm not sure where I read this, but at some point someone wrote that you could raise the windows with the remote control. I've never really been able to do this, and had given up, until the day my wife was in the vehicle, and I was waiting in line in a store. I wanted to aggrevate her, so, I kept locking the doors, unlocking, hitting the panic, etc etc. When I came out, she asked why I raised the #%#$ window, she was boiling in there !!! To this day, I haven't been able to repeat it.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:44 PM

On some other brand names, it's as simple as press once, press and hold again till the windows go up or down. Lock goes up, unlock goes down. On some other brand names, turn and hold the key in the drivers door lockforthe same results. I will have to try this with both of my Chrysler/Dodge products.