Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Need a Radiator 2009 Aspen 5.7

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 04:08 PM
Default Need a Radiator 2009 Aspen 5.7

My radiator developed a major crack along the front. So, I went to Autozone and purchased a new one, got it home and started the install and when I got to the top part, I realized I had the wrong radiator. So, I went took it all back out and back to Autozone for the correct unit. However, when they pulled the other unit out, it was the same configuration. The problem is that everything that I can find show's the upper hose connector being on the driver's side, coming out at a angle. What I have has the upper hose connector coming out under the fill-cap. I went home and started looking for replacement radiators for my Aspen on-line. I checked Autozone, Advance, O'reilly NAPA, Rock Auto... Everyone show's the upper hose coming out on the drivers side? What's up with this? I even went and took my radiator with me to my local Chrysler dealer, and he was baffled as well? I found this form and saw other 5.7's installed like mine, so I know I don't have a one-of-a-kind.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

whats your vin

Old 03-14-2021, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by chrysler tech
whats your vin
1A8HX58T69F706175

Old 03-14-2021, 12:02 PM

Very interesting. I'm going to take a guess and say you have the Hybrid? I have found many differences on the 2009 Hybrid verses all the others. Looking at my 2008 5.7, the upper hose comes out on the drivers side with the fill cap on the passenger side. I see my alternator is also on the passenger side where yours is on the drivers. Pics below of mine for comparison.

I have checked several parts suppliers to try and find the correct one that matches yours. Seems like everyone is showing the same pic for all three years and for both 4.7, 5.7 and hybrid motors. Although the part numbers do vary slightly. A few sights list 55056978AC as the correct one for the Hybrid. However it shows same pic as others and then other sites says it does not fit the hybrid. Therefore I cannot confirm the correct part number for the hybrid. Hopefully someone else with a Hybrid can be of further help.

Last edited by calamity coyote; 03-14-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tim109
May want to double check that VIN. I've checked several sights and it shows as invalid. I think that "T" you have in the middle is supposed to be a number.

**Never mind. Got it to work on another site. Chrysler sites be glitching today. **

Last edited by calamity coyote; 03-14-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:32 PM

Just checked 4 different "Mopar" sites that list 55056978AC as the part number for your VIN. Price listing just under $300. However, all of them show the same stock image as the other years so cannot confirm it inlet hose is on passenger side.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:35 PM

Nope, I don't have a Hybrid.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tim109
My radiator developed a major crack along the front. So, I went to Autozone and purchased a new one, got it home and started the install and when I got to the top part, I realized I had the wrong radiator. So, I went took it all back out and back to Autozone for the correct unit. However, when they pulled the other unit out, it was the same configuration. The problem is that everything that I can find show's the upper hose connector being on the driver's side, coming out at a angle. What I have has the upper hose connector coming out under the fill-cap. I went home and started looking for replacement radiators for my Aspen on-line. I checked Autozone, Advance, O'reilly NAPA, Rock Auto... Everyone show's the upper hose coming out on the drivers side? What's up with this? I even went and took my radiator with me to my local Chrysler dealer, and he was baffled as well? I found this form and saw other 5.7's installed like mine, so I know I don't have a one-of-a-kind.

Having the same issue with a cutomers 2009 Aspen. Part houses have found not in aftermaket production and dealer can not find correct one even by vin number. If you found one ease let me know what and were you found one. Plus a part number would really help. Thank you.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by mcrae662
Having the same issue with a cutomers 2009 Aspen. Part houses have found not in aftermaket production and dealer can not find correct one even by vin number. If you found one ease let me know what and were you found one. Plus a part number would really help. Thank you.

I was able to find what I needed by searching online for used auto parts. They are all connected and can get parts from different dealers, then you can pick up if you have a place close by without paying shipping, or order and pay the shipping to your place. I found a radiator taken out of a 2009 Aspen, with the correct configuration. The vehicle only had 43K miles. Radiator was rated as a "A" condition. Looked good. Cost was $135 + 35 shipping and $8 tax. So, about the same price I had originally paid at AutoZone for the incorrect unit. My next problem will be the upper radiator hose itself. It's not listed correctly either. But, I can buy a couple 90's and use a piece of aluminum tubing to custom fab one if it comes to it.

Here is the picture I took of the side support of my radiator. The Chrysler place said it didn't return any results in their system and when they searched the aftermarket places, it shows it to be for use with the 426 Hemi from the 60's. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed with the help I have gotten from Chrysler.

Here is the pictures of the used radiator I have on the way...

Hope this helps!

Old 03-18-2021, 08:28 PM

This is where I found the radiator.
https://www.autopartsearch.com/

Quick Reply: Need a Radiator 2009 Aspen 5.7