Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

P3441 & Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Default P3441 & Oil Leak

Hey Guys...back again but this time it is for my 2007 Chrysler Aspen. Last week the CEL came on and I ran a scan and it gave me the P3441 code for #6. Looks like the solenoid will probably need to be replaced based on what I have read but who knows.

Also right at the same time the CEL came on, I noticed the car had an oil leak. It seems to be almost directly in the middle of the front two tires and maybe a bit forward.

We dropped it off at the shop today and surprise it has been sitting there since last night with little to no attention. They did mention that it looked like the oil leak was coming from around the same area as the solenoid for #6. What I can't find is, do these leak oil? I don't know much about this part so I am a little uneducated here. Also if not, and the leaking oil caused the solenoid to go bad by dripping on it, what is in that vicinity that could cause the leak?

The leak only happens when the car is off and parked. It doesn't seem to be very much oil, but it is still a leak. It also stops after a while and doesn't leak continuously. Some days it doesn't leak at all and other days it will.

Thanks for any input!

Old 09-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Default Update

I just got a call from the shop and they said that solenoid #6 was bad and it was also the oil leak culprit so that answers that. He recommended that we replace all 4 solenoids at the same time due to the amount of labor that it took to get the vehicle apart to get to them. For an extra $300 I get all 4 done and it should hopefully take care of the CEL P3441 code light and the oil leak. For about $950. Just one would have been around $550-$600 so we just bit the bullet and paid for the extra parts and labor (said they gave us a discount) and we are just doing preventative maintenance at this point on the other 3. Hope this helps anyone who might be looking for the same answers I was.