Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Part Shortage???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Default Part Shortage???

Hi. I own a 2007 Aspen. Recently I heard a rattle in the front wheel, and brought it in to my Chrysler dealer to get it checked. Turns out to be a tie rod end. A pretty common part one would think. I've been waiting over two weeks for the part, and no end in sight. Apparently Chrysler says the part is not available and is on back order! Meanwhile, my warranty says it covers a rental for a maximum of 5 days. Wouldn't Chrysler be responsible for paying for it as long as it takes since it's their fault there are no parts?

I read recently that the Aspen is no longer being produced, and the factory is closed. Is this related to the parts problem? What are owners to do now and in the future? Is anyone making these parts? Where can I find these parts to tell the dealership?
Is anyone else having similar problems with Chrysler?

Thanks in advance for any help. I need my vehicle back.

Brewman

Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Default RE: Part Shortage???

Don't sweat it. Partscan taketime. As for it not being produced, I read that it was on the chopping block, but they still are selling them. Same as some of the Jeeps.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM

I just want to share my experience. Went to the dealer in December becasue the door panel was de-laminating. I only have less than 3000 miles. Dealer was going to order the parts and they would call me. Month and half passes no news from the dealer. I called then and they told me that they are in dispute with Chrysler and they are not doing any warranty work anymore. Parts ordered in December for warranty work were cancelled. Now I have to go to another dealer who I did not but from cuz they wanted to charge me MSRP and would not negotiate so I walked away. Wonder if they will even entertain me.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:47 PM

Am I reading this correctly... Chrysler isn't entertaining warr issues?OR did the dealer have a disagreement and they are not doing the Chrysler warr issues?

Old 01-29-2009, 05:48 PM

the dealer is not doing any warranty work anymore due to a disagreement with Chrysler

Old 01-29-2009, 08:09 PM

THAT'S B.S. That should be in the newspapers. If I purchase something, I expect to be able to take it back to the original place of purchase for any problems, whatever it may be. Common sense tells me there is most likely a law for this.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 PM

I have a similar problem. My 09 Aspen with 3000 mileson italready had a tranny problem which took just over two weeks to fix due to parts, the memory seat module is also bad and we were told that it would take 6 weeks to get which will be Feb 24th so we will see. I think there is something going on with parts and the auto industryhaving problems. I hope I don't have any more problems for a long time. The good thing is the dealership did give us a loaner car for the full time the Aspen was in for the tranny problem.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:34 PM

Because of the problems in the auto industry lots of suppliers are having problems just like Chrysler,Ford and GM. Being a tech,we are seeing the problems everyday. More and more parts are going backordered and the wait times can be very long.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 PM

Well, good news! My memory seat module came in earlier than expected. Off to the stealership on Monday yea!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 PM

I'm not sure what it's like in the US, but here in Canada, we've been having countless problems with getting parts. I work for a Chrysler dealership and simple parts like Coolant and Friction Modifier Oil has had massive backorders. We seem to think it's because Canadian markets make up for something ridiculous like 6-7% of Chrysler's total sales so now that less is being produced, US dealers are getting top priority. We received an internal memo from Chrysler in mid 2007 warning us about backorders, and that they were just going to get worse.