Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Poor MPG . Dealer says live with it.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Default 2007 Aspen MPG

Originally Posted by vman
This is a follow up to my last thread, LED (average miles per gallon).
I Recently bought my 2007 Aspen 5.7 Hemi with 4 wheel drive with only 33,000 mi into the Chrysler Dealer after trying numerous things to get better gas milage like,
Change air filter, useing fuel injecter additive, and keeping tires properly inflated. My truck runs fine smooth as can be only problem, I only average 9 miles per gallon. The dealer said thats what these trucks get. It upsets me that he changed my oil kept the truck for 4 hours and gave it back and said Everythings Fine now pay the cashier 38.00 for the oil change. The Clerk at the service counter says that normal for city driving with my aspen. To me thats not normal. I would expect to get at least 12 to 14 mpg . Does anybody have ideas what tests should have been done to my truck to determine that all is well at a dealer. I will try anything to get a few more miles per gallon. Thinking about changing plugs any ideas appreciated.

Iknow I am coming in late on this reply but is your variable displacement system working normal?? Probably does not matter much if your not on the freeway often enough though. I have also had vehicles before with a partially clogged converter causing poor fuel mileage but also will show up in poor performance too and usually a MIL comes on.
John

Old 05-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Default Your computer learns your driving style

Apparently the Aspen computer learns your "driving style" and adjusts performance accordingly.

Ask your mechanic if simply disconnecting the battery will perform a reset which will cause the computer to "relearn" your habits.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 AM

My wifes first 2007 Aspen with the 4.7 would only get about 9-11 around town. I thought it was way underpowered. We had to floor it to maintain speed up an incline. I was totaled and now have an 2008 with the Hemi and it seems to do better on gas so far.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Smile Goodbye Aspen. Hello Mini !!!!!

After 2 1/2 years of having the truck that i loved but hated to drive because of the lousy gas mileage, I took my loss and got a 2009 mini cooper clubman. Wont be complaining about gas no more. Dont get me wrong i love my 2000 dodge durango and will keep it forever if possible. My durango with a 5.9 engine Gets better gas mileage than 2007 Aspen w a 5.7 hemi because it can be put into 2 wheel drive when 4 wheel drive is not needed. Aspen had no option always 4 wheel drive always sucking extra gas .

Old 10-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Default Aspen gas mileage

Air temperature makes a big difference for me. 14-15 mpg around town in summer, 6-9 mpg in winter. It goes to -35 here and that really drops the mileage. There are so many variables that can affect mileage. I once read that adding small quantities of acetone to your tank would help. Tried it and actually got 3-4 mpg better on the highway but not sure of long term effects of acetone on the fuel system so quit.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Default I have a fix for bad gas milage

If you want to get better gas mileage in any car you own try this.....Run your gas tank down to a quarter tank of gas....Then go buy two bottles of Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner....(AND NO...THIS STUFF DOES NOT HAVE ANY HARMFUL MFT IN IT)....It's safe for all fuel systems.....Add them in the gas tank.....Then go to your gas station and fill your gas tank up.....Drive your car for at least a half an hour and you will watch your gas mileage increase before your eyes......Use this on a regular basis and you will get great gas mileage no matter what car or engine size you have.....PS...It will make your car pass the emissions test in your state everytime....I use it in my Hemi powered 2009 Chrysler Aspen and get a average of 18 around town and 24 on the highway....This is not BS...I'm a thirty year Chrysler tech and I swear by this product...

Last edited by MoparGuyForever; 04-20-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:51 PM
Default This is all you bae to do to get better gas milage it worked for me

this is all you have to do to get better gasmilge seriously=tnitchov;50375]Apparently the Aspen computer learns your "driving style" and adjusts performance accordingly.

Ask your mechanic if simply disconnecting the battery will perform a reset which will cause the computer to "relearn" your habits.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by jkrocket
Iknow I am coming in late on this reply but is your variable displacement system working normal?? Probably does not matter much if your not on the freeway often enough though. I have also had vehicles before with a partially clogged converter causing poor fuel mileage but also will show up in poor performance too and usually a MIL comes on.
John

Old 05-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Default Get a BullDog

I live in urban area with tons of stop signs. I installed 2 years ago a BullyDog for the HEMI. On the highway I get 24-26 MPG and city 10-12MPG.
Previously it was 8-9MPG city and maybe 18-19MPG highway.
BullyDogs are expensive. However, coded in America with credible engineers. My payback was 5 months back then.
My car has 166,000 miles.
Essentially they recode when the MDS turns on and various engine parameters.
I also yearly do the seafoam treatment at infeed, inside crank and gasline.