Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Possible Alternator/Battery Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Default Possible Alternator/Battery Issue?

I'm back! You guys were so great the last time I was in here so I decided to come back in for some more advice

I have a 2009 Aspen and recently I have noticed that my heat/ac blower seems to speed up/slow down while I am sitting in the parked position and event driving. I notice that the lights in the dash dim a bit when this is happening. It seems like it struggles for 10-15 seconds and then comes back to normal.

I am wondering if this is beginning signs of the alternator or battery going out. The car is almost at 102,000 miles and based on the other issues I am going to just assume that the previous owner(s) didn't treat this care with any care/affection and it was mistreated.

What do you guys think this could be? I don't notice any other power issues with the car. I am thinking I will get the battery checked at the local parts store. We have a 2007 Aspen that had to have its alternator replaced last year so I am almost suspicious if this one is going to need it to.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2015, 05:10 PM

Do you have manual A/C or auto? I know on my Accord with it's auto mode enabled the fan motor would vary with temp and sunlight. The dash has a light sensor and if the sun goes behind a cloud it would vary the speed. Not positive the Aspen also works this way since I have manual A/C on mine. However, I do know that when I have the headlight switch set to auto the lights including the dash lights will cycle on/off from the light sensor.

I'm not ruling out the alternator or battery as a possible issue, but the fact that everything else works fine leads me to wonder if it's an auto operation.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Default Possible Alternator/Battery Issue

I have manual a/c and heating. I have to push a button to turn the AC on. I think my lights are set to automatic as well but I don't notice anything unusual with those.

I am getting some new tires put on Friday so maybe I will have them take a look at the battery to make sure that is working properly.

Will report back when I have more updates. Keep the suggestions coming though I do appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2015, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

blower motor resistor the motor itself or wire issue an alternator would cause more important things to surge like that beside a low end low amp item.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:25 AM

jsandvoid, what did the issue end up being? I'm experiencing this now.