Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Sirius radio channels drop for no reason on Chryslers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Default Sirius radio channels drop for no reason on Chryslers??

Well, I've had my Aspen for about 5 weeks now...love it, have to fight hubby away from taking it rather than his (formerly) beloved Durango..hahaha! BUT...this is the first vehicle I've ever had that has sat. radio so the whole concept was new to me. I got a deal for 3 months for the price of one and thought I'd try it. I'm not real impressed so far. I noticed a couple days ago that for no reason, it skipped about 8 channels, they were just gone. I thought it was a problem on their end and waited a couple days for them to fix it but to no avail, so I called and told the cust. service rep. the problem. She said "Let me guess, you have a Dodge or a Chrysler, right?" I said Chrysler, and she said that those are the only two brands that for some reason just "dump channels". After jumping through hoops with her for 20 min. on the phone, she resent the signal four times and finally I got all but one channel back (unfortunately it's a channel that I usually listen to). She said she couldn't resend the signal again for at least 20 min. and to call back later, but I had to leave for work so I haven't pursued it yet. Has anyone else had this happen?? If so, does it happen alot? I don't have the time or patience to go through this all the time, it's bad enough that I have problems with my sat. tv all the time! I don't think I"ll renew when my three months is up. I'm just curious as to everyone elses opinion on this "perk". Thanks!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:01 PM

Ive had my sirius hooked up for about 6-7 months now and have had no issues(so far). Although I only listen to 7-8 channels regularly so I guess its possible that i lost some others and just never noticed.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 AM

ha ha ha.... I think she yanked your chain. My Dodge Ram has an aftermarket integrated Sirius radio in it, and last week it was dropping channels like crazy. I didn't do anything & they came back, a real pain when you were listening to something and all of a sudden it's gone. I've had my Sirius for 2 1/2 years now, and this is the second time this has happend. It's Sirius. Siriously. lol

By the way, my Aspen's Sirius has been perfectly fine and it's the OEM Navi unit.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 AM

I have a 05 300c with sirius plus the aspen, my sister in law has a 07 chrysler sebring never had any problems like that.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 PM

I agree she was messing with you.. This is my 3rd Chrysler product since 2006 and all have had Sat radio and none have ever lost stations....

Old 04-03-2009, 07:07 PM

OK here's the deal as I understand it. Sirius is updating it's channels due to the merger with xm. Sometimes when listening to a station you might get a message "updating channels" it might last for a second or a couple of minutes. Just give it time and it should work fine.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM

When I had my stand alone Sirius reciever, it went through the "updating", long before the merger... AND to boot, the "updating" wiped out all of my presets, all of my favorite artists, and songs. That is a real pain!