Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2007 Aspen - Updating Channels radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Default 2007 Aspen - Updating Channels radio problem

I have a 2007 Aspen and have had the following problem since Oct of last year. When I have the Sirius radio playing, it currently displays Updating Channels and then every 20 seconds changes to AM/FM. Usually the problem fixes itself after a day or 2, but this latest time it has been misbehaving for over a week. I called Sirius and after being on the phone with them for over an hour trying stupid different things - like turn the engine off and keep the driver's door open for 10 minutes??? - they said to take it to the dealer, it must be a Chrysler problem. They said the dealer had to do a 'hard reset'. Took it to the dealer and of course that morning the problem had fixed itself. The dealer had no idea what I was talking about and said they had never heard of this problem. They said what they could see was that the radio was working fine. Well of course on the way home the radio started changing back to AM/FM again! Has anyone else come across this problem and if so, what is the fix? Both Sirius and the dealer don't want to take ownership of the problem and are pointing fingers at the other. I really like my factory radio (when it's working!) and don't really want to replace it. Help please! Thanks

Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM

Cant be for certain but perhaps the TSB listed below may help resolve some of these issues:

08-001-11 REV. A
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
· The radio may lock up when a U-Connect call ends, this may cause battery drain.
· Intermittent no sound from audio system.
· Repeated **“Updating Channels”** message when in satellite radio mode.
· **iPhone4 (4.2.1) losing Bluetooth connection intermittently and not displaying accurate caller ID information when using UConnect**

DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences any listed Symptom/Condition(s) perform the following:
1. Check the radio software version.
a. Press “Menu” button on the radio.
b. Press “System Setup” touch screen soft key.
c. Press “System Information” touch screen soft key.
d. The software level is the number reported after the word “Application”.
2. Is the radio software version **2.402**, or greater?
a. YES >>> This service bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis may be required.
b. NO >>>> Perform the repair procedure.

Qty. Part No. Description
AR (1) **68141348AA** Update Disc (version **2.402**)

Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 PM

Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery cable and letting it sit for a few minutes, then reconnecting? Sometimes that will do the trick.

Also, you should update your mygig software (http://www.mofv.com/mygig/). I update to the latest version regularly without problems. Just make sure you follow the directions to the letter, or you can do irreparable damage to your mygig unit.

The dealer will probably charge you at least $100 for this, or you can do it with a 5 cent CD you burned in an hour or so.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 AM

I checked the date on the last update and it says 2-7-10, so I may need to update the software. I bought and installed a new battery over the weekend and the radio has been fine since. But, like I said in my original post, the problem comes and goes, so it may just be a matter of time before it messes up again. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 AM

Oh, one other thing. I don't have the touch screen radio. I think that came in the 2008 and later Aspen models. Will this mygig thing work for me?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Roxie
Oh, one other thing. I don't have the touch screen radio. I think that came in the 2008 and later Aspen models. Will this mygig thing work for me?
Nope -- sorry, I assumed you had the mygig unit.