Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Transmission hesitates shifting in low gears

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Default Transmission hesitates shifting in low gears

A few months ago I had an EGR valve replaced and there was a necessity for the dealer to perform a computer update. Ever since then I have noticed my 2007 Aspen hesitates while shifting while in lower gears (city driving).

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 AM

It seems like the "computers" in these Aspens need to be updated (85 bucks) every time you take the vehicle in for something. And if you opt not to have the update, the service Manager will say "without a update your Check Engine light will come on". I call BS!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:55 PM

It seems like the "computers" in these Aspens need to be updated (85 bucks) every time you take the vehicle in for something. And if you opt not to have the update, the service Manager will say "without a update your Check Engine light will come on". I call BS!
Most of the time...Yes...BS....

There are quite a few instances where a software change affects other systems, and Cases where an Update will COMPLETELY cure a Driveability issue.

As for The EGR replacement and "Flash" affecting trans....

There was a Prior update for Torque converter surge.....When each update is released, it overlaps the last version....so You got the program for revised EgR strategy, along with Flickering headlamps update, Oil viscosiy Monitor update, and a Host of other Junk, that you may or may not have noticed.

Your trans isnt hesitating...But rather missing the thrird gear Partial lockup from the converter....and can be really upsetting if you werent expecting it... Especially if you werent experiencing the converter surge to begin with.

Quick learn, and clear VLC should bring it back to liveable....