Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Uconnect trouble-MyGig equipped

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Default Uconnect trouble-MyGig equipped

Hello all. I just bought my Aspen two weeks ago. It's a Limited Sig. Series 4x4 and has the MyGig system. My dealer told me that "as a safety feature, it was equipped with Uconnect". At the time, I did not have a bluetooth phone. They said if I got a compatible phone, it would link up. I did lots of research and just got the Blackberry Pearl 8110. We tried sinking it up and when we hit the button, words pop up saying "Not equipped with Uconnect". All the appropriate buttons are there.

Any thoughts??? Another thing, why would Chrysler build two identical MyGig systems with an actual 20 gig harddrive and one be navigation and one not???? The only difference I see is that the one that says "Navigation" has a CD/DVD installation disk. You don't think that they are charging $ 600 difference for that disc do you and it you had it, the navigation feature would work?

Just something to throw out there. I would love inputs on the Uconnect. If is indeed not a feature, my Chrysler dealer better throw it in because it's listed in a "sales" email sent to me as a "safety feature". Seatbelts are safety features, not options.

Good day to all,
Kumiko
Evansville, IN

Old 10-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Default RE: Uconnect trouble-MyGig equipped

If you have the buttons on the mirror, it's there, accessing it may require a read in the manual.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:48 PM

Try here http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/mygig/

Old 10-25-2008, 11:51 AM

It could possibly be a computer problem with it. It may have forgotten it is mygig. or uconnect now. anyways it may just need to be relearned or it could need the whole unit too. hard to say without playing with it.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM

It sounds like your Aspen has the uConnect. If your phone is not connecting, I would suggest you try linking it with another phone just to ensure the system is working properly. Sometimes phones don't have themost currentsoftware udpate to link with everything. For example, my iPhone recently stopped connecting to my uConnect system. The connection was eventually restored after a new software update was released.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM

I agree with what everyone has said about Uconnect. Try another phone first. On the Nav - well, for one the development of software and mapping data does justify a certain difference between non-Nav MyGIG and Nav equipped IMHO. Maybe not $600. Well surely not. But there is also additional hardware required - a GPS antenna. I doubt the non-Nav Aspens have that installed, so it would take more than just a DVD. I guess the differences come up to:
- Nav software
- Nav map data
- DVD drive
- GPS antenna w/ wiring.
Is that worth $600? Your call. $600 gets you a much better separate Nav system from TomTom, Magellan, etc. but it isn't built-in. Your call what you prefer.
Marc