Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

VES and Satellite on 08 Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Default VES and Satellite on 08 Aspen

New member here with an 08 Aspen limited with the VES (rear DVD player). When I activate the VES and try to control the system using the remote, all functions work except when I try to listen to satellite radio. I get to the correct mode/input on the rear screeen and call up satellite radio and the current satellite station set up front in the MyGig unit plays through the headphones. But the rear DVD screen displays "updating stations" or something very similar (can't remember exactly right now), Direct Tune is shaded outandI am unable to scroll through the satellite presets using the rear remote. I can scroll through the presets for AM, FM and for a CDloaded in the MyGig.

Anyone else seen this? Can't find anything in the manual about that.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Default RE: VES and Satellite on 08 Aspen

Did you call Sirius and activate the subscription? I know the dealer sets it up, but I called Sirius and they said it is a good idea to call them and activate the service for a full year and they also do a firmware upgrade over the air. They will also walk you through any problems you have.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:55 AM

This exact same thing happened to me. After the dealer fiddled with it for 30 mins, and reloaded software etc etc. He pulled the main fuse for 5 mins and put it back in and walla it worked. Ask your dealer to do that and it will fix it. It is under the hood and is pretty decent size with clips on either end.

Billy

Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 PM

Hey Huskysibe, do you know what fuse the tech pulled. I pulled the 10amp fuse in the fuse box (by the driver's left foot) and it did not correct the problem. Was it a fuse in the engine compartment?

Freex4 - did call Sirius and the radio is active. Still asking about an over the air firmware update - the CSR I spoke with was clueless. Good suggestion and I'll follow up.

Thanks !

Old 02-28-2008, 12:04 PM

It was under the hood, drivers side, and it looked pretty pretty big, it had clips on either end so you could reach in and squeeze them together and pull it right out.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:33 AM

I recently added VES to my '08 300 and everything works fine, except the rear display is having this exactly same issue with UPDATING CHANNELS on the satellite radio functionality on the rear VES. Can anyone provide more insight on this MAIN FUSE so I can try this resolution????