Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

VES sound problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Default VES sound problem

Hi Folks,
New to the forum here. I don't usually cross-post but I posted in the audio/visual section and didn't get any replies.

I just bought an '09 Aspen with the drop down DVD player. It's a Vizua Logic system. Did Chrysler use these from the factory?

I have no sound from the system. It will play the DVD but no sound from any speakers or from the IR headsets. I've tried looking through all of the settings but I'm at a loss.

The radio touch screen does not have a VES tab so I am thinking it is not tied into the main system.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JM

Old 08-08-2011, 06:20 PM

No, that doesn't sound like the stock system. I bet you need to use the AUX output to make it work.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Sounds aftermarket. It will probably play through the speakers via built-in FM modulator. You'll have to tune your radio to a certain frequency. We have a similar overhead 11" in our Aspen. It works excellent. If you have the remote for the overhead, you should be able to change the frequencies on it, and then manually tune your radio. Find the manual for your overhead (online).

The headphones should work, but once again -- you'll have to change the setting on the overhead to direct the sound to the headphones. Make sure the batteries are fresh in the headphones.

Last edited by kkreit01; 08-12-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by kkreit01
Sounds aftermarket. It will probably play through the speakers via built-in FM modulator. You'll have to tune your radio to a certain frequency. We have have a similar overhead 11" in our Aspen. It works excellent. If you have the remote for the overhead, you should be able to change the frequencies on it, and then manually tune your radio. Find the manual for your overhead (online).

The headphones should work, but once again -- you'll have to change the setting on the overhead to direct the sound to the headphones. Make sure the batteries are fresh in the headphones.
I got the FM sound to work thanks to you!

Still no headsets.

The remote has a button on it with a little headset on it. It is also the stop button for the DVD. I cannot figure out how to make it do anything for the headsets. All I get is the stop function.

There is no manual available on line on the manufacturers website.

Thanks again!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Still no headset sound. I was very rudely informed by the VizuaLogic representative that the IR cannot be turned on or off. It's always on, so if it doesn't work then it's broken and has to be replaced. I wish I knew of a way to see if a signal is even being sent.

Any ideas?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 PM

Well I figured out how to see if there is an IR signal. Video it. IR appears visible on video.
Now, I turned on the player in the truck and IR immediately appeared on my cell phone camcorder screen. So I have signal but the headphones still don't work. I have the factory headphones and some new replacements. Neither work.

What the heck?!