Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Viberation

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Default Viberation

I have a viberation from 63 mph to about 65 mph and again at 71 mph to about 78 mph. The Chrysler Rep. is in today to look at it. They said that they only had two others with viberations in the midwest. They replaced the tires and the driveshaft, rotors, drumbs, front half shafts. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

Old 10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Viberation

Mine did for awhile anything over about 65, they never found out why. I finally took the locks off the wheels, and put the regular lug nuts back on, and it's does good now no more shaking, or vibrations.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:12 AM

Well Chrysler`s tech.looked at it yesterday and said he could not find anything wrong. Last week the service manager and the mechanic both said they felt it. They still said they felt when i picked it up last night. They want me to drive a little longer to see if it goes away. (lol) Any other ideas? The locks did not work but thanks for the option.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 AM
moe

hi ,i know of a safety recall that only applies to 5000 veh. but you might be one of the 5000 recalled it involves the right steering knuckle breaking.i'm not sure what year you have. have the dealer look into this #F85.send me an email and i'll send you a copy of the recall it might help. jjsticks@comcast.net

Old 10-18-2007, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the recall info. I called them and they said it was not in that recall. Any other ideas please let me know. I really don`t want anything to happen while my wife and 1 month old son are in it.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 PM

I also have an 07 with vibration issues as well. At any speed above 40 it's very noticeable. The tires have been balanced 3 times, the driveshaft has been replaced and still has this problem. I took the service manager for a ride with me and he also felt it. We then drove an 08, it was worse!! I am at a loss, the tires are the Goodyear 265-50-20 RSA's. At this point, you can't roll down the rear windows by themselves, if you do the whole truck shakes and the noise pressure feels like your head is going to pop!!.

If anyone with these problems has had their Aspen fixed... What was the problem?? or, if yours has the same problem let me know as well. If this can't be resolved, Chrysler is gonna eat this one!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:40 AM

They replaced the driveshaft and solved our viberation that was almost identical to what you described.
Took two trips and I had the tires balanced and replaced two rear tires, under warranty before they finally solved the problem. All viberations are gone.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:42 AM

The noise pressure is standard in all SUV's and most cars with only one window or the sun roof open. Open another window to allow the pressure to balance and most of it will go away. Several years ago we had a terrible problem with a Jeep Grand Cherokee, you could see the roof panels flex, "solved" by opening another window.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:49 PM

I know that there will be wind noise, however, this is different. I also own a Yukon Denali & it is extremely quite, windows up or down, roof open or not. This vehicle feels like its riding on all terrain tires. I had a different color Aspen with the same equip as mine for a week prior to buying this one. It was very quiet. I noticed the vibration on this one immediately prior to purchasing it and it was written up as a "Due in Deal" repair as well. 7500 miles later and 4 trips to the dealer later, no better. Anyone gone to a different tire? other than Goodyear?

Old 02-15-2008, 07:54 PM

Just had mine at the dealer for this issue too. Thanks to jimhild for the driveshaft info that I told to the tech. After checking with Chrysler Star (the guru's in MI) they removed my front driveshaft, skid plated and left cat to isolate the vibration. Even after all that they were stumped. After another call to Star the dealer tech was told to rotate the rear driveshaft 180 degrees. That did it. After putting everything back all is well - no vibration and the Aspen is smooth as silk at all speeds.

Quick Reply: Viberation