Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Viberation

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Default RE: Viberation

I've had most all of the same complaints over the last 9 months just to hear you are the only one at this dealership with this problem or can't duplicate customer complaint . I have had my wheels balanced 5 times even after all 4 tires were replaced . I requested legal help and i am not recommending www.lemonlaw.com but the FAQ section tells you if the law firm you pick is not 100% free avoid them , because the manufacter pays the law firm when you win . I hope this helps you resolve this problem .
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-29-2008, 03:48 PM

there has been cases i have seen not on the aspen yet but other cars with chrome clade wheels that experience vibration debri of sorts get between the clading and the actual rim and thows of the balance. it might be something to look into.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:44 PM

I am glad and sad at the same time to see that we are not the only ones with this vibration issue. I just came from Discount today where they put the tires on their roadforce machine. I have to say that the ride is a little better. I think they fixed the bad balance attempts by the two dealers I had investigate this issue. Now the vibration feels way to fast to be tires. The oscillations are very high frequency making me think drivline. I see that some of you folks have had luck with driveshaft repair/replace/reinstall. That was my first thought as I was driving home today. I've had dealers reinstall a driveshaft on the rear yolk about 1/16" to one side of the yolk centerline after a clutch reapair that caused a similar vibrations. I think I'll try the 180 degree rotate of the driveshaft on the rearend today.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 PM

Best of luck!! There are 4 different possibile ways to re-align the driveshaft. They have tried all 4 on mine after replacing the original driveshaft. No difference. I have been back to the dealer three more times with other issues and they still have no answer other than "Chrysler say's this is normal" What a POS... It truly sickens me that my 01 Denali w/190k on it, has 22" wheels, and rides 1000% better than my "Brand new ASPEN"..

Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 PM

OK I am gettin freaked out a little here because I think I have this vibration. How bad of a vibration are you guys experiancing. I notice mine around 65mph as well. But mine is a very small one but the first thing that came to my mind was the driveshaft. I have experianced this vibration before on my 66 Monaco. My vibration is a deep vibration and it feels like it is coming from the middle of the vehicle. Sound familiar?????

Old 12-16-2008, 06:52 PM

I also have a vibration on my 2008 Aspen. Bought new in November of '08 and it has had it since new (2400 kms on it now). Rebalanced tires twice, replaced all 4 new tires, replaced axels and still same problem. Taking back to dealer with some of the great suggestions. I dont think its a Good Year tire problem as I replaced them with high end Dunlops.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:06 PM

have 15.000 miles on my aspen 08 just made a round trip to new orleans,la. from indiana a little over 1,700 miles no viberation of any kind.smooth as silk. maybe better knock on wood.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Default Vibration Problems

Having vibration problems at around 70 to 75. For those who got it fixed, what did they do? I read about turning the driveshaft worked on some but not for all. What are all of the possible fixes if turning the driveshaft does not wrok.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:34 PM

Same problem here with my 07' Aspen, slowly got worse over the past year. Taking back (end of lease) in a week so not bothering to figure out what the cause is BUT I do think the ride was much better just after one of the services where they change the oil or something like that in the bearings or some part of the drivetrain...I'd have to check the service book to tell you exactly what they did but remember the guy saying moisture builds up which is why it needs replacement every 10k miles or so.

Mine starts around the 60-65 mark and seems to get less noticeable if I gun it a little faster....

Old 03-02-2009, 12:43 PM

Folks I have had this same problem in an 06 Dodge 1500 quad cab. They replaced evrything known to man between drive train to the lower motor... Chrysler ended up buying the truck back because there was no cure for the Vibration. With that being said I have a 09 Aspen 20" Hemi and I too noyice the same type of Vibration between 62-65.. I'm thinking now that it has something to do with MDS and Chrysler does not want to start replacing motors to fix it. Just a guess but to think this is going on again and both vehicles had Hemi MDS leads me to belive this.

Quick Reply: Viberation