Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Viberation

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
SBG
Default RE: Viberation

I have a 2008 Aspen with less than2800 miles. It is byFAR the worst auto I have EVER had. I first took the vehicle to my selling dealer for a vibration that occurs over 65MPH. They replaced all four 20 inch tires as they were out of round. My first trip on the highway was not a good one as it still had the vibration. I then took the Aspen to the local tire store and they re-balanced all four tires again. During this they noticed one wheel with oblong wheel holes soI advised my dealer. They orderded a wheel and I tookthe car to them a few days later. They installed the wheel and re-balencedthe rest of the tires again. They also replaced the Navigation unit,aligned the caras it veered to the left.With all this done they drove it and it stillhad a vibration.I suggested they pull thedrive shafts and drive with one or the other on, that did not work.They called me and indicated they wanted to send it out for a "force balance,"well guess what? - that shop discoverd another bad wheel so the car sat there while anotherwheel was ordered. The outside shop installed and did the force balance. I got the vehicle back and within four miles I could tell that it is the same old problem. I now take the car toanother dealer, guess what? - they tell me one of thetires is out of balance again. They do aa plain four wheel balance on the vehicle and tell me thats all they can do. Guess what - bad as ever over 65!! I call customer service and now I know why Chrysler will not last. Dont' we have laws against this??

Old 02-20-2008, 03:00 PM
SBG

Well I thought their may be some light at the end of the tunnel. I visited the dealer this afternoon and explaind whatI have learned on this forum. They gladly removed all four wheel locks and replaced with factory lug nuts.Wishing for the best andas I approached 65mph and abovethe Aspen still has the vibration.We now have done the driveshafts, tires, wheels, fource balancing and still no phone call from Chrysler Customer Relations. Do we have to get in an accident to get some assistance?

Old 03-18-2008, 06:55 PM

Well I'm glad to meet all of you guys and or gals. I have had this same viberation problem with my aspen. I'm going to take a copy of this thread to the dealer with me when I take it in for service, so they will not think I'm crazy when I try to explain what the problem is. This will be very helpful. Thanks to everyone who left replies on this subject. I'll let you know what happens. Ed....

Old 03-26-2008, 12:41 PM

I have had my Aspen for one year today. I still have the viberation after being in the shop 5 times. It has 12,800 miles. They still can`t figure it out. The dealer has done everything they are aloud to do, The Chrysler rep says that evrything has been done that can be. The dealer has it now and the owner of the dealership is involved. I hope he will be able to get Chrysler to repair the problem.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:07 PM

Check your state's lemon law. After a few atempts to fix the problem with no solution they may owe you a new Aspen.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:11 PM

I have the 07 with 20" wheels and the wheel locks and no vibration at all. It is the smoothest ride I have ever had in a vehicle quite honestly.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:13 PM

After the fix from the dealer I outlined above there have been no problems at all, still very smooth!
It can be solved based on our Aspen.
We do have the 20" wheels, wheel locks and no issues.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:15 PM

i also have 20" wheels on my 08 aspen no problem so far.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 PM
SBG

For those of you that have zero issues - you are LUCKY. I have made many calls and it seems to be the Good Year tires. Chrysler is not spending any money and looking for the cheapest bid. Do you remember how bad the Chrysler exhibit looked at the Detroit Auto Show - No Monies left. PERIOD

Old 04-26-2008, 09:05 PM

It's been quite a while since I last posted and have taken two more trips to the Dealer and a call to 5 star. My last visit was at the end of March and I am truly ready to throw in the towel and go lemon law. My aspen is almost a year old, has less than 10k on it, vibrates like a pickup truck with swampers on it! They have balanced the tires 4 times " Road Force" swapped the drive shaft, rotated the driveshaft to all four positions, and swapped the wheels and tires. They're answer is that it's normal?????... AKA I have no idea!!!

Called 5 star for them to get involved. I was told that I would receive a call from the dealer to scheduleanother visit. So much for follow up... It's been almost a month now; no calls, no e-mails, nothing.

Now, the AC smells like an old tennis shoe, clunks nice and loud when it turns on, and when the truck shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd with or without hard accelleration it falls on it's face.

The Good... I Drive an 01' Yukon Denali with 190k on it... smooth as silk...
The Bad... This ASPEN is my wife's vehicle...
The Ugly... I get to pay for it...

Yea...

Quick Reply: Viberation