Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Water Leaks/ Electrical Gremlins. Who Else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 PM

It's not the truck it's the sunroof.....all Makes w/ sunroofs are capable of leaks but good luck. You're better off selling it because Dealers not willing to give good pricing on Aspens...trust me I was going to trade mines in but my problems are fixed so i'm good

Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM

I brought a 2007 Aspen about 4 months ago and I'm having a leak problem on the drivers side of the vehicle. It's right around the peddles and fuse box, I've checked the all the drains along the top of the car and I can't tell where the leak is occurring. Can someone help me out?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by thabanga510
I brought a 2007 Aspen about 4 months ago and I'm having a leak problem on the drivers side of the vehicle. It's right around the peddles and fuse box, I've checked the all the drains along the top of the car and I can't tell where the leak is occurring. Can someone help me out?
Did you check the firewall (where wires and whatnot come through from the engine bay)? Easy to get leaks in the firewall.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Default water leaks

I finally got rid of my P.O.S. Aspen. But, before I got rid of it the dealership attempted to fix my water leak for the third time. Their answer this time was the roof seal at the top of the windshield. They removed the small black sheet metal screws under the weather seals at the top of the front doors and windshield then put some black silicon under the lip of the two joining body panels then screwed it back down. Don't know if that is gonna work because that truck is gone now. Good luck. No more more Chrysler problems for me. Sold, gone and never again!

Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Like selling your Chrysler is going to cure your automotive problems forever. LMAOFF
You better just start walking and taking Mass Transit if you don't want to have any car problems ever again

Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 AM

I've had my 09 for 11 months and 10k mi. now (bought new), and 0 problems to date. It's never been back to the dealer for warranty or maintenance work.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by conversion02
Did you check the firewall (where wires and whatnot come through from the engine bay)? Easy to get leaks in the firewall.
I havent checked in there thoroughly yet havent really had the time I will try this weekend. But I did check the sunroof drains and the front one on the drivers side wasn't draining so I cleaned that out with some weed wacker line. I'm not sure how that clog will leak in the drivers side floor area. So Ill be sure to check the firewall.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by bjatwood
Like selling your Chrysler is going to cure your automotive problems forever. LMAOFF
You better just start walking and taking Mass Transit if you don't want to have any car problems ever again
I'm with you on this, no car is perfect. Every car is going to have some sort of issue, I have an extended warranty so If I need it I'll use it. I've had my Chrysler 300m for the last 7 years and it's been a very reliable car.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM

My first Dodge was a 1981 2.2 Charger, very fast and was reliable as one could ask for. I was young and drove it HARD too. Next up was marriage and a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker, digital dash, lady talked to you about low gas, door ajar the works. Drove it for 5 years without any issues. Next on the list was a 1988 Dadge RamCharger, towed my 26 foot speed boat for years without any real issues either. Bought a 2001 Dadge Ram Quad cab with a 5.9 in it and Off-Road package w/4.10 diffs on it. Man would this baby get up and RUN! only had it for 1.5 years. Took a job commuting into Omaha 32 miles one way. And this truck was NOT a commuter truck by any means 14 mpg is the best I could get with those gears! LOL
Now on to the Aspen with HEMI and MDS system. So far pretty decent milage for 345HP in it. I don't think it is missing one option that I would like to have. The most surprising "option" is the handsfree UCONNECT. Man this system works awesome for us. First time for Navigation too, which I thought being a Old Schooler with a map and thinking I know where I am going. Navigation is alot easier!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by bjatwood
My first Dodge was a 1981 2.2 Charger, very fast and was reliable as one could ask for. I was young and drove it HARD too. Next up was marriage and a 1984 Chrysler New Yorker, digital dash, lady talked to you about low gas, door ajar the works. Drove it for 5 years without any issues. Next on the list was a 1988 Dadge RamCharger, towed my 26 foot speed boat for years without any real issues either. Bought a 2001 Dadge Ram Quad cab with a 5.9 in it and Off-Road package w/4.10 diffs on it. Man would this baby get up and RUN! only had it for 1.5 years. Took a job commuting into Omaha 32 miles one way. And this truck was NOT a commuter truck by any means 14 mpg is the best I could get with those gears! LOL
Now on to the Aspen with HEMI and MDS system. So far pretty decent milage for 345HP in it. I don't think it is missing one option that I would like to have. The most surprising "option" is the handsfree UCONNECT. Man this system works awesome for us. First time for Navigation too, which I thought being a Old Schooler with a map and thinking I know where I am going. Navigation is alot easier!
I love NAV. We can still be manly and not have to ask for directions...lol

Last edited by TNtech; 12-18-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Water Leaks/ Electrical Gremlins. Who Else?