Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

HELP ...turning off tilt sensor light.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Default HELP ...turning off tilt sensor light.

i have a 2003 crossfire, since i've changed the battery my tilt sensor light is constantly on, below the stereo.

the car starts and drives as normal, but there is a constant drain on the battery.

i've had an independant diagnostic check on engine and all seems to be fine, but i have no idea how to switch this light off.

please can anyone help

thanks

chris.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by chriswest3684
i have a 2003 crossfire, since i've changed the battery my tilt sensor light is constantly on, below the stereo.

the car starts and drives as normal, but there is a constant drain on the battery.

i've had an independant diagnostic check on engine and all seems to be fine, but i have no idea how to switch this light off.

please can anyone help

thanks

chris.
The anti theft tow sensor is what you're talking about I am assuming? There is the switch in the dash and a sensor in the right rear area of trunk. The Central Locking Pump Module in the trunk is also part of the system. Is the switch non-responsive?

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 AM

yes the switch does not respond. the central locking works fine when i used the central locking button on the key/fob. ???

everything on the car works perfectly (provided the battery is fully charged) beside this switch -- what do i need to do to solve this problem????

ps, what does this sensor look like??!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by chriswest3684
yes the switch does not respond. the central locking works fine when i used the central locking button on the key/fob. ???

everything on the car works perfectly (provided the battery is fully charged) beside this switch -- what do i need to do to solve this problem????

ps, what does this sensor look like??!
It's a very uninteresting looking little black box about 3" square if I remember right. The only way to know for sure what is wrong is to watch the switch and sensor inputs on a scan tool. It may even be an internal fault with the central locking module. Mercedes or Chrysler dealer both should have the interface to get inside. If you decide to just do a "hail mary" and get a switch, be careful taking off the trim pieces. They are very easy to break. I've replaced a couple of them. Never had to replace a sensor. Had to replace a few central locking modules, but for way worse reasons.