Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 pacifica plugs??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Default 04 pacifica plugs??

What all do I need to remove to change plugs in my 04 Pacifica??

Old 03-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 04 pacifica plugs??

do u have 100k yet?? they are plat plugs. Well sorry to say they arnt any disecriptions of how to remove the plugs we just do it. The upper cover will come up just pull up. Either have coil on plug or wires so either way. Plus dont get anything but champion plat plugs for your pac. No bosh auto light to dual plat core plugs only OE plugs

Old 03-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Use those champs. you don't havea high horse power engine so you don't need anything more, but anything less won't perform right.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:29 PM

Do you know where the plugs are exactly?
I popped the cover but i don't see any plugs??
thanks, -H

Old 05-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

u haft to take off the coil paks and they are under them

Old 08-21-2007, 10:56 AM

take the chrystler cover panel off

see the big black plastic thing in the shape of a "U" with the air intake going into it? Yeah, you guessed it, unbolt it, unclip it and remove all the hoses, cables and whatnot.

the coil/boot/plugs are under that. i just did mine (50K miles) its made a dif, and given me 3+mpg more so far.

i can write a complete how to if you want. maybe some pics too.

let me know.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:56 PM

A write up would be awesome, as I'm planning to do the same.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:02 PM

Remove the engine cover by pulling up from the corners with some force (you will also disengage the cover from the throttle cable)
Remove the air intake (big black plastic U shaped piece) by doing the following:
[ol][*]Remove 1/2" bolt holding the air intake bracket to the alternater[*]Remove (2) 5/16"black boltsholding the air intake tothe bracket on the front left[*]Remove (1) 5/16"black boltholding the air intake tothe oil dipstick bracket[*]Remove (3) 5/16" black bolts holding the air intake to the oil input (1 on top, 1in front, 1 on right side)[*]Remove(6)10mm black bolts directly on the top and across the mid back side of the air intake securing it to the block.[*]Remove (2) 5/16" black bolts securinga solid pipe to the back of the air intake (it is a metal pipe with a metal flang aroundit connecting it to air intake)[*]Remove connecter to what appears to be some type of electrical selenoid on the left front side of the air intake (don't remove the selenoid, just the connecter)[*]Loosen the metal band connecting the air filter to theintake manifold and release themanifold from the filter connection by slightly pulling up on the air intake.[/ol]
Lift the air intake by the front and prop it up using a 2X4 or something that is about 1.5 feet long, placing one end on the radiater fan and the other under the selenoid on the left side. (This way you don't have to remove all of the other cables and connections)

The 3 front mini-coils are right in front of you.
Remove the mini coil by loosening the 2 bolts, using a star wrench (I attached mine to my cordless drill... they were tight)
Once the mini-coil is removed, use a standard spark plug socket with an extension and remove the old plug.
Gap the new plug at .05 inches, apply a bit of anti-seizing grease and install the new plug
Install the mini-coil by securing the 2 bolts with a star wrench
Repeat this for the other 2 mini-coils

Reinstall the air intake by performing the numbered steps above in reverse order. When doing so, watch the hose that runs above the bracket that gets connected to the alternater as you will need to move it a bit so it doesn't get trapped under the bracket. Also take care to push the orange gasket in so it aligns properly when you bolt down the air intake.

There are 3 rear mini-coils that now need to be removed.
Do so as you did above, replacing the plugs as you go.

All done.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM

Fanofsteel- just wanted to say thanks for the write-up. Very easy to do following your instructions. Although I think there are (7) 10mm bolts on top(1 is in between the throttle cables) LOL.
It was a big help, especially when you take a look and think to yourself "I have to get under all that?" LOL
Kevin