Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

05 AWD Touring Traction Control Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Default 05 AWD Touring Traction Control Switch

Our 2005 AWD Touring has a missing panel on the lower center console (next to the ashtray). Looking at various parts diagrams - it seems the Traction Control Switch is supposed to be there.

Does anyone know if that switch exists on the AWD Touring models?

If so, what happens if it isn't there? It seems to drive fine - we came back from a long trip on snowy roads - the AWD seemed to work.

Thanks

Old 01-10-2011, 02:52 PM

Hi,
I am not sure which accessory packages included traction control but I see reference to parts online for with/without traction control and I see a replacement switch assembly for sale. My '05 Limited does not have it, but has a blank cover over the center trim next to the ashtray.

If your car had traction control and it was off, I think you should see an indication of that on the dash. Any car I have been in with TC has had such an indicator - only indicates if it is Off.

Traction control on most cars is a function of the Anti-lock brake system. It works somewhat in reverse of normal ABS by limiting the slip of a wheel during acceleration on slick pavement. My other car's traction control kicks in sometimes when I leave my subdivision on snow as I am accelerating from a stop, slightly uphill. It feels similar to the ABS pulse you would get during stopping.

If indeed your car is equipped, I would think the worst thing you could have right now is simply the inability to turn the system off. Not a big deal.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Is your Limited equipped with AWD? I'm thinking mine doesn't have it - so I just need to order the blank plate.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by m_tobin
Is your Limited equipped with AWD? I'm thinking mine doesn't have it - so I just need to order the blank plate.
No I do not have it. Perhaps it is only on the FWD units?

Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by m_tobin
Our 2005 AWD Touring has a missing panel on the lower center console (next to the ashtray). Looking at various parts diagrams - it seems the Traction Control Switch is supposed to be there.

Does anyone know if that switch exists on the AWD Touring models?

If so, what happens if it isn't there? It seems to drive fine - we came back from a long trip on snowy roads - the AWD seemed to work.

Thanks
It was not available on AWD models prior to 2007..it became a feature on all models in 2007