Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

05 Pacifca- Climate controls not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Default 05 Pacifca- Climate controls not working

Hello All,

Thank you in advance for any help. I got into the Pac today and the climate control cluster didn't light up. all other clusters are working. air will still come on but I can tell that it is not blowing as hard as it should...althought I cannot tell what setting it is on as no lights are working on the climate cluster....

any solutions to this would be great,

thanks,

Mike in texas.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

tap on the control head if it comes back on need a new one.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 AM

No disrespect here,

but really,,, with 13 years experience and that's the best you can give me??

I'm no expert but I guessed that... I came here because I was looking for a better answer than I could have guessed. I even tried disconnecting the battery. I tapped on the control unit already and nothing. nothing was done from one day to the next...

maybe what would have helped if that was your best "guess" is to explain how to change the part and what the cost is. I'm no cert tech but I know my way around a car... I thought that's what the point of these type of forums was for...

Mike

Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

here is what U do mike u trade in the whole car and that will fix your prob.

Yeah u know what I dont know what I am talking about and may bad I haft to at time keep answers dumb down and simple and to the point because u never know who u are dealing with online ya know. Any also FYI my magic crystal ball is broke so I have no idea what U have and have not done to it thus far do U get mad at a DR when they send u home and tell u to take aspirin when u already have done so and did not tell him? get my point? If u get your head out of your *** and ask for what U want u might get it U asked for suggestions I gave u the best one that U would have ever gotten U need a new AC control head.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM

I agree with our moderator on what you need to do.

Much like some of the Chrysler radios used to do, the contacts inside the controller for the display go belly up and your solution is to replace the unit.

The two trim panels on each side of the AC controller/radio need to be removed and the unit bolts up behind that. Pretty easy swap...but you'll be spending some $$$ for a new one.

If you've got the automatic AC, you can put it in auto low mode (bottom left corner of the controller) and it will maintain the temp, with or without the display working until you can get it replaced.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:40 AM

Reddjeep88,

Thanks for the update and the helpful information on what I need to do to replace it.

mikesaiztx

Old 12-10-2009, 12:46 PM

All,

let me first start by apologizing first for my rude reply to the mod after his response. I'm still frustrated all to hell with this damn car..

I've not had to address this issues as the climate was tolerable but now with the very cold weather I have no heat.

I went and got another climate control unit..and I have the same exact results. as with the original head unit:

no display
gets power
can power on and off the blower
but cannot change front head to feet
has limited but not proper function.

it seems that if I remove the connector closest to the steering whell in the rear of the unit it has makes no change to my issue.

does anyone know what the pinouts should be for both of those connectors.

what is that connector and what feeds the information to it?

mike

Last edited by mikesaiztx; 12-10-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Default Diagrams

Sorry you are still having problems Mike..... did you out a new control in or a used one? Strange it did not solve your problem because that is usually it.

Perhaps your IPM (integrated Power module) is not working correctly? There are fuses and relays associated with this system. Check out the link to an Album I made for you.

The one you are unplugging might be the controls for rear and blend doors..thus seeming like no effect? is it tan color? Check out C2 in the plugs file in the album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mrfixit4...eat=directlink

study this and fire back with questions. I would say check to see if you are getting the right voltages on Pins 3,4,5 of Connector C1.

Fixit

Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Accepted was it new or used control head? U can also do the simple stuff like test for power and ground at the connectors.