Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

07-Motor Mounts and "vibration suppressor"

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Default 07-Motor Mounts and "vibration suppressor"

hello, all, this is my first post here.

We bought our Pacifica almost three years ago and have had very few problems. We like the roominess and general feel of it. It now has just over 100K miles. The only problem we had with it earlier was if we left the auto lights feature on when the car was parked, the lights would go on and off of their own accord, rather like a scene from "Christine." We fixed that by turning the lights off completely when we leave the car at night.

When my husband recently took the car in for an oil change, they told us we had a broken motor mount. We took the car to our mechanic and he changed three of them. He said that there was another broken part and that he called the company about getting it. He said it was a "vibration suppressor" and that Chrysler told him they no longer make them and just to throw it away and forget about it!

The car now has definite vibration at slower speeds. We don't much like it. Does this information sound correct? Is there some way to jerryrig something to make the vibration go away? I assume it is not dangerous or Chrysler would not have said that, right? Any thoughts or knowledge of this?

Thanks in advance,

Juanita