Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 Pacifica Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Default 2004 Pacifica Issues

Purchase this car new in 2005 and have had the following issues I'm at the end of my rope with Chrysler and there dealers!
1. Sun roof when opening continues beyond limit switch (Dealer claims nothing is wrong but continues to do the same)
2. Engine motor mounts rock to a point that almost hits the hood. (Dealer Mounts are ok?)
3. CD player never worked and during Hurricane Katrina most dealerships were closed or backed up for months. Finally when we got to the dealer they said we are "SOL" $650.00 for new head unit. Still my wife has no CD player that works.
4. We are on our fourth set of head lights and I have continued to purchase the long life lamps but this is a waste of time. (Dealer claims there is no problem! I have put a voltage meter on the system to see the spikes that could cause premature lamp life loss.)
5. Irratic idle at stop that has cause the car to shake violently!
6. Most reciently the fuel gauge has been from fuel to empty and the car stalls. (Dealer claims there is nothing wrong with the car. I'm an engineer and can tell when there is an issue. )
7. Headliner began to fall and the dash has a valley in the center near the speaker. (Again the dealer says your SOL like all the other issues since the warranty is over? The call just turned 66,000 miles ?)
8. We had a break change and went back two to three times due to squealing of pads only to find out "SOL"!
What the heck is the issues it looks like I'm not the only one that has some if not all these problems.

I was warned from my parents and grandparents growing up that Chrysler is not any good and this is and will be my last.

Does anyone have a solution other than a MATCH?????

ANGRY!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2004 Pacifica Issues

well lets see this is gonna be a long one b4 i tell u ne thing what is the lsat 8 of your vin and miles?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:08 AM
TEF

A carefully placed telephone pole would do also.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:40 AM

After looking at all the other postings and TSB's it looks like we are all experincing the same types of problems. It seem foolish that Chrysler is aware of all the issues but the dealers want to charge for all the problems! I wonder is a class action suit will help all of us that spent our hard earned money to buy these cars to get them to fix the issues?

Old 07-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

no it wont U got a first run year of the pac alwase expect to have issues of some sort the first 2 years of a brand new line of car.
I only found one tsb that would relate to one of your issues and that was for the fuel guage.
The headlights are u touching the bulb when u put them in if so then that one resion why they go out so fast. The oil from your skin stayes on the bubs and when it gets hot over time will degrade the glass and make it fail. Humm cd player well need a new one ahh whats are u talking about with the motor mounts??? OH yeah saw one other for the dip in the insterment panel add some clips to it to hold it back up this tsb 23-014-05

Old 07-21-2007, 03:14 PM

No I have not handled the lamps with bare hands. I used a clean cloth to hold while installing. There is a voltage problem that is causing spikes per my Fluke-177 mulitmeter. There is a grinding, clanking, and shifing noise coming from the engine compartment. I opened the hood and had my wife rev the engine while in drive and the engine lifts as if there is broken motor mount. The dealership has looked at this issue and claims nothing is wrong. The noise is louder when climbing an incline. (MOUNTAIN or Large Hill).

Old 07-21-2007, 03:29 PM

Also, I had the A/C systems(s) front and rear stop working last May 2006. There was a relay or PC board that went bad and they charged me between$250-300. The tech said this was afactory issue but was not under warranty so we had topay for the defective unit.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

hummm trade it in for a newer one.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 AM

Please let me know if you have any additional TSB's my wife is going to bring th car to a new dealership on Monday. I would like to have as much help as possible to get if fixed before her trip to Charlette NC.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

i only saw 2 one for fuel guage and the one for the dip in the dash thats it. U can view all of the tsbs u want on this site look at the home page and find the tsb.

Quick Reply: 2004 Pacifica Issues