Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica 3.5 - Touring Oil Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 01:33 PM

LOLOLOLOL - "I am not driving a station wagon.....but really I had a 67 or 68 Chevy Nomad wagon and loved it!" Ok, I'm hearing you on the wires. Will work up a plan and get back to you. Rebel59 these boards has suggested wires could be loose or corroded on the other end of the pressure switch and at the PCM or the fuse panel.

You guys are great, and since this is currently not threatening and the "SUV" is not consuming oil I will wait till I have a free day.

Thanks!

UberPacifica2005

Old 09-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Hey Rebel59, thank you for your time. What's funny is I went to my car Guru guy and he said exactly the same. No noise, no consumption and same result connected or other wise - "electrical problem". Which means I can drive the car until I find time to chase it down. I have checked several times and this SUV/Pacifica is using zero oil.

Why do you do you think the same pattern or result would occur even when the switch is disconnected? That's where I'm getting confused!

Old 09-10-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by UberPacifica2005
Hey Rebel59, thank you for your time. What's funny is I went to my car Guru guy and he said exactly the same. No noise, no consumption and same result connected or other wise - "electrical problem". Which means I can drive the car until I find time to chase it down. I have checked several times and this SUV/Pacifica is using zero oil.

Why do you do you think the same pattern or result would occur even when the switch is disconnected? That's where I'm getting confused!
One wire will go to a ground and can be the problem as others have posted. I've done that already with my Neon...only slightly less often does the condition show up. Other wiring goes thu the TIPM/fuse panel and then to the dash, that's where I haven't had the time to tear into it for further diagnosis.
Good to hear that yours is not an oil guzzler, I've known of a large number of 3.5 motor owners(various cars/models) that have the oil consumption problem. I also am involved with a few other MOPAR related forums.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:12 PM

What other Chrysler Forums should join?

Thanks Rebel59

Old 09-19-2019, 04:26 PM

Hey, thanks! You were right! It needed a MoPar part. Put the MoPar part in and light went out right away. Is it my imagination, or was there a little more power in the engine, say 20%? Maybe Ol' Girl held defaulting to low pressure due to error code?

Old 09-19-2019, 04:27 PM

Hey, thanks! It needed a MoPar part. Put the MoPar part in and light went out right away. Is it my imagination, or was there a little more power in the engine, say 20%? Maybe Ol' Girl held defaulting to low pressure due to error code?

Old 09-19-2019, 06:48 PM

Glad to hear!
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was a reduction in power for a low oil pressure reading.
The amount of over-engineering that went into these station wagons(LMAO!!!) is ridiculous, so it may not be your imagination.
I don't know for sure, but maybe one of the real gurus on here does.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:04 PM

Hey That Jeep Guy!

Need your help. So I had the "GASCAP" code at the odometer and the OBII codes of small Evap leak. I replaced both the canister leak detection pump or vacuum detection pump at the EVAP Canister and the Purge Valve up front by the air filter. Immediately the codes for Evap Leaks were gone. (Assumed it was one of these switches because with the key turned to the on position before start it would throw the "GASCAP" code without any vacume.)

However, the "GASCAP" odometer error code came on. I cleared the all codes just to make sure and drove it for 20 minutes. Still 0 codes from OBII about Evap, but the "GASCAP' code won't clear.

So my questions are these: 1. If there are now no codes for Evap Leaks why is the "GASCAP" odometer code still throwing? 2. Is it possible it will take several cold starts for this 05 Pacifica to recognize these new parts? and 3. Is it possible I used Rock Auto Parts and not MoPar and therefore this thing is not reading these new parts.

Desperate and Pissed off in Kansas City
UberPacifica2005

Oh, and thanks!

Old 01-23-2020, 08:18 PM

Hey Rebel59,

Need your help. So I had the "GASCAP" code at the odometer and OBII codes of small Evap Leak. I replaced both the canister leak detection pump of vacuum detection pump at the Evap Canister and the Purge Valve up front by the air filter. Immediately the codes for Evap Leak were gone. (Assumed it was one of these switches because with the key turned to the on position before start it would throw the "GASCAP" code without and vacuum.)

However, the "GASCAP" odometer error code came on. I then cleared all the codes just to make sure and drove it for 20 minutes. Still 0 codes from OBII about the Evap, but the "GASCAP" code won't clear.

So my questions are these: 1. If there are now no codes for Evap Leaks why is the "GASCAP" odometer code sitll throwing? 2. Is it possible it will take several cold starts for this 05 Pacifica to recognize these new parts? and 3. Is it possible I used Rock Auto Parts and not MoPar and therefore this Pacifica is not reading these new parts. (Car has brand new MoPar gas cap.)

Desperate and Pissed off in Kansas City,
UberPacifica2005

Thanks for your help!

Old 01-24-2020, 09:47 PM

I'm not 100% sure, my gas cap message has also been on.
I replaced both mufflers, suspecting that the huge holes in them were the cause of mine.
The message went away for 2 weeks and then came back on.
I'd have to GUESS that you either have an exhaust leak, or a vacuum leak.
Or both.
Just keep in mind that I haven't found the cause of mine yet...
For now I just hit the odometer reset button to make it display the mileage when I drive it.
It's too *#%$@& cold out to fix anything right now.
LOL

Quick Reply: 2005 Pacifica 3.5 - Touring Oil Light