Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica P0203 and P0344

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
There is a menu item on the scan tool where you can reset the cam/crank sync. Sometimes after one of the two have failed, and it gets replaced, a cam or crank code can set right after. In some cases, I have seen them not even start until a relearn was done. I was just accessing the "data bank" and spitting things out. I don't even know what code they're getting but i'm sure they'll figure it out.
They are saying that it is taking some time to start, with the cam sensor code unable to clear. Are you saying the computer might learn as the car is driven? If it is running fine, husband told them to leave the cam sensor and he could put the original back in himself (although I am nervous about taking the car without everything running well - we have a trip planned for this weekend and are hoping to take the Pacifica if it is done)

Update on the AC rupture. Apparently an engine mount is broken and allowed the engine to shift enough that something (did not catch what) hit the AC high pressure line. The initial thought was that the car was bucking and that cause the motor mount to break and so on. I say NOT TRUE and they are trying to justify the warranty paying for at least the engine mount portion of the $900 total repair. I have read that the Pacifica engine mounts are a common issue? Coincidentally in March we had driven the car about 100 miles on a day trip and upon pulling into the parking garage had a massive coolant leak. Found that the upper radiator hose was fine, but had just pulled completely off the radiator. To me in hindsight, a motor mount problem, with the engine shifting could cause that to happen. And could cause the AC issue as they state it.

Thoughts on all my rambling? (Wish I could buy you a beer for all your help!)

Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 PM

If it has a long crank time that would likely indicate a cam sensor signal not getting out. Did you get an answer yet?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
If it has a long crank time that would likely indicate a cam sensor signal not getting out. Did you get an answer yet?
I'm not sure the which can code they still have we had a 0340 and a 0344, so I am not sure which is not clearing. They have been calling my husband instead of me :-)

The powertrain warranty was a "free" perk through the dealer for purchasing a used car from them. I actually need to get a written copy as I have not seen one. Hubby bought me this car by himself. I actually love it, except for this mess.

I do feel like they are trying to do right by me, which helps.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Forgot to add he said they had checked the wiring for continuity and so the code was pointing to the can sensor itself. We do know that when we brought it in the sensor was NOT shorted, as we were able to clear the code.