Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 Pacific transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Default 2007 Pacific transmission question

I have an electrical problem with my transmission that you guys might be able to help with. This has been going on for some time (years, including a trip to the dealer to no avail), I've just been living with it. On occasion when I put the vehicle in park, the gear selector display will show all gears and the AWD warning light will come on. When this happens, after you turn the key off, the rear hatch won't open for several minutes. Obviously the system is not sensing the vehicle is in park, but other things may be going on as well. I've heard this may be a ground problem. Any thoughts??? Also, sometimes the transmission will go to manual shift mode even though the display doesn't show it. I have to drive it thru the first 3-4 gears manually shifting, then it returns to auto mode. Others times it will go into neutral at the bottom of the driveway (slow forward roll about 200 feet), forcing me to shift to manual mode to be able to pull out. Very weird.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Yeah sounds like a ground problem. If you are good with electrical, buy yourself a powerprobe and get as many wiring diagrams as you can and start hunting for them. When you pull plugs apart, check for corrosion in the plug. While you do have the plug apart and it checks out ok, squirt some dielectric grease in there before you move to the next one. Kind of "preventative maintenance" or I like to call "preventative headaches"

Old 07-14-2014, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shep
Yeah sounds like a ground problem. If you are good with electrical, buy yourself a powerprobe and get as many wiring diagrams as you can and start hunting for them. When you pull plugs apart, check for corrosion in the plug. While you do have the plug apart and it checks out ok, squirt some dielectric grease in there before you move to the next one. Kind of "preventative maintenance" or I like to call "preventative headaches"

Yeah, that's the plan I guess. I will be installing a lift in my storage garage (12ft ceilings) later this summer, so that will help with ground inspection from underneath...thanks for the reply. I'll post any success....