Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 pacifica help

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Default 2007 pacifica help

My wife and I have had our Pacifica for three years now and no problems until the last few weeks. While my wife was driving the car stalled while slowing for an intersection. Well we have taken the car into have it looked at however nothing has been discovered that could be causing it. The cleaned the throttle body thinking that would solve the issue however it stalled again on me tonight. Also I have noticed that between 35-45 mph the car seems to drive alittle rough. Any ideas what could be causing this.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:41 AM

There is a TSB for the fuel system that may be related to what you are experiencing:

SUBJECT:
Mil Illumination And/Or Hard Start Or No Start

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing a Fuel/Vapor Separator in the evaporative system. This part
is placed at the junction where the vapor lines connect the fuel tank, canister and purge valve together.

MODELS:
2007 - 2008 (CS) Pacific

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
· Mil Illumination for P0452 - Evap Pressure Switch Stuck Closed
· Hard to start. Most likely when fuel tank is full from a recent over fill event.
· No start. Most likely when fuel tank is full from recent over fill event.
These conditions can be caused by fuel that has accumulated in the evaporative lines:
· A liquid sump can trap negative pressure in the canister line even though the fuel
tank is vented. The ESIM switch may remain closed due to the blockage.
· Liquid fuel can be pulled into the purge valve and create a hard to start condition.
Installing this Fuel/Vapor Separator will ensure that no liquid will enter the purge valve and the canister line will communicate properly to the fuel tank.

PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
1 68048869AA Separator, fuel/vapor Kit includes the fuel/vapor separator, bolt and
instruction sheet K6855658