Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 Pacifica - Rear Driver Side Window Operation

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Default 2007 Pacifica - Rear Driver Side Window Operation

Over the last couple weeks, the power window for the rear drvierside door has been operating off and on. Yesterday, it was rolled all the way down, and now it won't roll back up. I've tried cycling the ignition, pulling the IOD and driver door fuses, and messing with both switches, but nothing's worked. If I trigger the switch on the rear door, you can hear the 'click' on the master switch, so both of those are working, I believe. When using the switch, nothing else happens. The motor doesn't turn, the window doesn't make and clunk sounds from the actuator. I'm going to try taking off the panel during my lunch break to disconnect and reset the wiring harness, but if anybody else has recommendations on what could be the problem, that would be appreciated.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:00 AM

Probably the window regulator. If you look at the image you'll see the cable that operates it. Often, that cable will begin to bind and then tangle/jam or even fail. You should be able to tell by looking once you get in there. I had a GM car that was notorious for the failure. I became good at temporarily securing the window in the up position until I could replace the regulator. Don't go cheap on the part. I put in a couple of Ebay regulators over the years for about $40 then finally bought the limited lifetime at O'reilly for about $100. I replaced it once under the warranty as well.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Default Replaced

I went ahead and ordered a new regulator from 1A Auto after finding the procudure from YouTube, with an embedded link to their store. It was about half the cost versus the cheapest I could find on Amazon (tight budget). I had to break one of the original clips in order to free up the window, but I was able to change it out. The window works fine now, with the exception that the window doesn't roll up the whole way. There's maybe 1/8-1/4" of a cap left at the top, so it doesn't make a seal. The car has the air guards above the windows, so it shouldn't take in any rain, but it would be nice to get it corrected. I really hope that I don't have to order another part, but I plan on getting with 1A about this discrepancy.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:01 PM

How were you able to remove the original clips? I am having difficulty removing it!

Originally Posted by Jonzor82
I went ahead and ordered a new regulator from 1A Auto after finding the procudure from YouTube, with an embedded link to their store. It was about half the cost versus the cheapest I could find on Amazon (tight budget). I had to break one of the original clips in order to free up the window, but I was able to change it out. The window works fine now, with the exception that the window doesn't roll up the whole way. There's maybe 1/8-1/4" of a cap left at the top, so it doesn't make a seal. The car has the air guards above the windows, so it shouldn't take in any rain, but it would be nice to get it corrected. I really hope that I don't have to order another part, but I plan on getting with 1A about this discrepancy.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:04 AM

I had to find a way to cut the clips apart to take the window out, as the regulator had slid all the way down, and made it too difficult to pry them from both sides. It wasn't a big deal to cut them since I was going to trash it anyways.