Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

900 mhz transmitter/dvd setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Default RE: 900 mhz transmitter/dvd setup

Please keep us posted and great finds on the connnector sites etc. THis has been an interesting topic for me because you are doing sometheng never done before on this car to my knowledge.

I take a special interest in this because..
1. Dealer says we can't do this
2. Delaer says we can't buy these types of parts
3. It's custom work and paves the way for other to try

My parts manager told me I could not add the VES to my Megacab although others have done it to Quad Cabs. Hopefully I am paving the way for others as well. I learned some of how this all works when I tried to add factory Uconnect to my PAC. Most of the wiring was there and I got a mirror off of ebay pretty cheap but I could not find a ucoonect module that was reasonable.. they are all about $500 for the Pacifica PCI based bus system. Never found one use either. Now we may sell the car becase we bought my uncles 2005 Town and Country. We needed more space for our 3 kids. The PAC was too tight. The good thing is the mirror will work in the van but I still need to research the module.

Let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:44 PM

Thats funny because I was thinking about putting in the factory u connect as well. This kind of stuff is fun for me. The dealer seems to never be on your side, just because they don't have a clue, doesn't mean it can't be done. I may end up getting the mopar accessories u connect.

I was looking at my new lcd and noticed 4 bad pixels, 2 green, 2 red. I got it from a good dealer on ebay and I hope he will replace it for me. Bad pixels just bug me.

My wife wanted the mini van until we saw the pac, then we both wanted the pac. No all wheel drive option on the mini vans either.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 PM

I installed the 900mhz transmitter. It works well and sounds good. I added 4 pins to the 12 pin connector in the dvd changer. I put on RCAs on the left and right audio. I did not use the IR enable because the audio output switches on and off with the factory remote. Another cool thing is that the factory headphones work with it also. I am going to make an adaptor for an aftermarket screen next. I see no reason why I can t make affordable adaptors that have Audio, Video, and Power. I will post pics soon.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 PM

trying to respond but having problems posting

Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 AM

I still can't post my questsions to you. I will try PM

Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 PM

Hello, this is my first post, I just signed up.I love forum groups like this, and have used them for all myvehicles to diagnose, discuss, and tinker.I have fallen into this same problem,buying theRF monitor and headphone setup for my IR system. (Why do I have to be so cheap?) Ihave scavenged a transmitter from a broken RBU that I am going to try to use for an RF setup,but in my researching the wiring schematics I noticedyou said you added 4 pins to the IR 6 disk changer adding RCAs to the left and right audio. From what i see in my '05 service manual is left(pin 3), right(pin 9), and common signal (headphone) return(pin 8). What was the 4th pin addedfor, or might you have a different changer, and have separate returns?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated, and i looked at the PA setup, and i may just opt for that!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:09 PM

You only need 3 pins. I was going to use the 4th for the IR enable. I like the 900 mhz transmitter and headphone I have. I like how it is setup now. If you need help, let me know.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 AM

I got the Power Acoustiks RF set and got it installed. I have to agree it works great, and you are right, the factory headphones do work! My next project is a mirror video or sun visor video to tap into the system so i can easily see the screen to get the movie going for a 4 year old.
Thank you for your reply!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:16 AM

I'm glad this info has been useful. You got the same RF set as me? It is kind of a pain starting the video when you can't see it. Keep us posted on what you do.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:15 PM

I have an idea for a mini screen upfront. I will post more when I start the project.

Quick Reply: 900 mhz transmitter/dvd setup