Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

ABS Light Stay On - 2005 Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Default ABS Light Stay On - 2005 Pacifica

ABS Light Stays On.

I have a 2005 Pacifica with about 155k km. The ABS light was intermittently coming on but now stays on. I had it scanned for fault codes. It has a Left front sensor Circuit Failure code. The logical problem is the Lt front ABS sensor so I changed it and cleared the code. The light stayed on. Scanned it again and the same fault code is there, so the next logical problem is the tone ring which is part of the hub/bearing assy. So I changed it and cleared the code. The light stays on. The next thing to check is wiring or the actual ABS computer module. The wiring and connectors all look fine. Also, when I say we cleared the code, I mean we tried to clear the code. I had 3 separate places try to clear the code but it never cleared the light and it always stayed on. The last place was the dealer where they used the actual Chrysler Scanner. Is it odd they couldn't clear the code? Shouldn't it clear and if there is still a problem it would show up again as it is driven? Would this indicate a wiring or circuit problem?

Any tips or insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

Old 05-02-2012, 07:23 PM

An active (hard) code will NEVER clear until the fault is fixed. The light will stay on until then.

Circuit Failure means exactly that. There is a problem with the circuit. The hub was a complete waste of time, as is it not an electrical part. However, the sensor IS part of the circuit....and so is the module.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-02-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the input. So if the sensor is new (and hub/bearing eventhough it was a waste of time) and the sensor connector is fine, do you have any thoughts on what the problem might be? Have you seen a wiring or a module problem with this vehicle? I talked to a Chrysler dealer parts manager and he says he's never sold an ABS module so I really don't think that is the problem. If it a wiring problem, do you think it can be at the connector or there it plugs in to the module?

Thanks again. I appreciate your input.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by sxdc58
Thanks for the input. So if the sensor is new (and hub/bearing eventhough it was a waste of time) and the sensor connector is fine, do you have any thoughts on what the problem might be? Have you seen a wiring or a module problem with this vehicle? I talked to a Chrysler dealer parts manager and he says he's never sold an ABS module so I really don't think that is the problem. If it a wiring problem, do you think it can be at the connector or there it plugs in to the module?

Thanks again. I appreciate your input.
Na, you probably have pinched or broken wire somewhere. No recurring issues I know of. The terminals on the sensor plug could be spread and not making contact, might check that. Dark Green w/ Light Green tracer should have batery voltage 12V on it. That's something you can check too. The other wire (DG/TN) is the signal wire back to the module. You can check resistance between sensor and module on that one.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:22 AM
Exclamation Wayne Corscadden

2005 Pacifica AWD, 3.5L; ABS light on coded for RF ABS circuit, replaced RF sensor and code will not clear. Traced Green/wht and Green/purple wire and determined Green purple wire is open. Was able to trace wire from RF sensor to the 10 pin white harness connector located under LF headlight assembly, Have continuity from ABS Module connector, through green white wire through sensor and out of green purple wire up to that 10 pin white connector, where the wire is open circuit back to the ABS connector. Can you provide me a wiring diagram that covers ABS circuit? Need to determine if green purple wire is specific to rf sensor only, I have continuity on another green purple wire In another harness coming off the ABS connector and I'm considering jumping them but want to verify why, since they are located in 2 different harnesses.