Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Blower Motor Problems, any help appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 11:47 AM

The Pacs are wonderful vehicles, drove my own 2005 Pac off the dealer showroom, then drove it 350,000 miles before selling it recently to a neighbor. Did all my own maintenance with no major repairs (except for 2 crashes with folks running into it).

Would be glad to chime in. But one quick question, is your AC system automatic (ATC) or manual (MTC)? It was mentioned that your changed out the resistor pack (MTC only) but your 1st post indicates you have automatic climate control (ATC) which uses our good friend PWM to control fan speed, Page 24-23 of the Hardware section discusses this. Was it the Front Blower Module, which provides PWM, that was changed out?

Old 06-29-2021, 03:33 PM

Yes, it is the ATC version. The resistor pack that I've changed is the front one (behind glovebox)

I have also unhooked the battery to reset codes etc., Also I changed out the control head unit to no avail, also did the power/recirculate reset on that head unit.

Thanks

Old 06-29-2021, 04:38 PM

Ok, we making progress. Your Pac has automatic temp control, which the ATC diagram covers. The module behind the glove box of ATC Pac's is not a resister pack, it is the solid state Front Blower Power Module, which has been changed out twice. So it would appear that the PWM it not happening, the pulse going to the fan motor is staying 100% on. The only effective way to troubleshoot will be to use a scan tool, either the Chrysler DRBIII scanner or a mighty good scan tool which will emulate DRBIII capabilities. I know you are trying to avoid a $100 diagnostic ding at the shop, but at this point I believe that is prolly the best way to get your Pac AC back on the road. Keep us posted!

Last edited by djetelina; 06-29-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:52 PM

Would the scanners at Advanced Auto be able to tell anything?
I'm not getting any codes relating to the a/c, just an evap leak code.

Thanks

Old 06-29-2021, 06:24 PM

The OBDIII used in the Pac, outside of the standard emissions stuff, is something kind of unique to Daimler-Chrysler. Diagnosing things such as which wheel's brake sensor failed to the various body control module failures requires this kind of hard to find scanner. None of the Advanced Auto, not O'Reilly's, etc stores around here have a scanner which will do a detailed scan of Daimler-Chrysler specific codes. I have a buddy w/ a Snap-On & other brand high-end scanners which do a good job on the Pac, those scanner tools costing him $5-$7 k each to buy.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:31 PM

I had replaced the resistor block behind the glove box 2 times with Dorman units from Amazon with zero change.

Since I couldn't find ANY other issue, I ordered yet another one from carparts.com, not sure of the brand. While it looked identical, once installed everything is back to normal.
Fan speeds change up and down and the unit can be powered off.

So, if it happens to you, you might want to try more than one or probably safer yet, go with the OEM.

Thanks for all the inputs. 244,000 miles, owned since new.