Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned
Default RE: Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Must say I've had a similar experience with "Chrysler Customer Care" in the past. They're not legally obligated to cover out of warranty repairs, but sometimes not doing so hurts them badly in the long run (assuming they still have a long run).

With the research, we still need more participants for the Pacifica. We'll have results for a couple of years in November, but the sample sizes are small.

Vehicle reliability research

Old 10-18-2008, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 47M37

Just acquired an 07 Pac FWD,so far no issues.This was a program car with 18,000 miles.
As to reliability problems,from what I have read,it seems that the cars with AWD,have
more problems than the FWD cars.
ORIGINAL: slavezero

My wife and I bought a 2007 Pacifica with 7,900 miles on it 3 weeks ago. After two weeks of driving we were replacing the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch). I just picked up the car last friday we have 8,300 miles on it. As far as everything is concerned, the car seems to be very reliable and stable.
You might want to get a Chrysler extended warranty which you can get at a discount. I found this dealer last year when I got my '07 and I bought a lifetime bumper to bumper 100% chrysler warranty for about $500 less than my local dealer I bought the Pac from was offering. I got it at:

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/index.cfm

If you "register" your email with them they send you an email with a discount code so when you apply for the warranty online, they ask for a promotional code. That saved an additional $180 in my case off their discounted online price. They are a chrysler dealer in Massachusetts so it's not an aftermarket warranty.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:18 PM

The results are small but I think they are convincing. Chrysler did not provide it's customers with a vehicle that would hold up to everyday driving and reliability. The quality control went out the window and we (the consumers) are stuck with their ineptness to provide such a vehicle. I resent the fact that they (Chrysler) just discarded me after I took excellent care of the vehicle, performed maintenance when needed and requested some sort of solution with me paying part. Their response was "Sorry"! Due to their response,they have lose a Life Long customer, since 1968 I have been purchasing Chrylser Vehicles. Not after this. An added note, I am in sales and this way of doing business is suicide for a company. If they want to woo the American Public, they need to address the customers problems and correct them as fast as they can.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Banned

The latest Vehicle Reliability Survey results include the 2004, 2005, and 2007 Pacifica. The first two are about average, while the 2007 is worse thanks to the new automatic transmission.

In all three cases the sample sizes are small, so these results are just rough indicators. Additional participants very much needed.

To help get your year fully included in the results:

Car reliability research

Old 01-09-2009, 02:51 PM

have been an owner since late 04...never had a problem with anythingand it has 65000 miles on it. I use synthetic oil and a fram filter every 4500 miles...transmission gets a full service once a year also...also added a K&N filter to the stock air box...maybe a little better mpg....mopar gets a bad rap at times but keeping up with regular maintainence and a little tlc ..it all is good

Old 01-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Banned

Updated Chrysler Pacific repair rate results next week.

We'll again have partial results for the 2004, 2005, and 2007. For full results and the other years more participants are needed.

Chrysler repair rate research

Old 02-01-2009, 01:43 PM

Hello to all. I just purchased my first Pacifica a couple of weeks ago. It's the 3.8 FWD model. I'm having issues with the trans/converter shuddering from 40-50mph. I called the dealer and did some research here as well. It goes in this week for the TSB computer update. We'll see if that fixes it. All in all, pretty good car so far. Getting 20mpg city/hwy right now.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:13 PM

Hi,

I came upon your post today. I purchased an 06 Pacifica in Sept 2008 and it has less than 50k miles on it and is already giving a problem with the lifters....sound coming from the engine, mechanic says it is the lifter but cannot determine why...he'll be opening the engine up on Wednesday to try to figure out why lifter went bad...needless to say I am disappointed with my purchase, as I have had older cars that have never given me any engine problems....not a recall yet so I am stuck and unhappy...I noticed you were not doing your survey on the 06 Pacifica...any reason why? I wish I would have known about the problems with the Pacifica before purchasing one....

Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Banned

One member emailed me a few months ago to report a problem with the lifters. The dealer mechanic said it was his fault for not revving the engine over 5,000 rpm often. According to this mechanic, this is necessary to properly rotate the lifters from time to time. Sounds odd to me, since many drivers simply don't push a vehicle hard enough to do this.

The 2006 was only recently included in the survey--we reached the minimum sample size sooner with other model years.

We have updated results for the Chrysler Pacifica. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2004: 105, about average, but close to "worse than average"

2005: 47, better than average

2007: 109, worse than average, largely thanks to the new transmission

Sample sizes were small, even very small, for all three years.

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May, August, and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

We now have a separate results page for each model that includes the results for competitors. The page for the Chrysler Pacifica:

Chrysler Pacifica reliability comparisons

Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Update - my lifters have been fixed, two lifters were replaced, cost me about $350, mechanic was unable to figure out a reason why lifters went bad, from what I have found it seems these cars come with lifter problems....

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica reliability