Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Cleaning stains from plastic bumpers & side molding.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Default Cleaning stains from plastic bumpers & side molding.

What is used ...other than Armorall ... to clean, treat and remove stains from the plastic panels on the Touring model ?

Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Default RE: Cleaning stains from plastic bumpers & side molding.

Chrysler doesn't recomend use of Armorall.I use a general glass & countertop cleaner, but I may be it doing wrong!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM

inside or out?

ORIGINAL: SARG

What is used ...other than Armorall ... to clean, treat and remove stains from the plastic panels on the Touring model ?

Old 04-10-2008, 07:26 AM

Exterior bumpers and side panels ........ the dark grey.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 PM

Soak them with a diluted version of Simple Green, let it sit for about 10 minutes, use a mitt, or a rag that you won't care about, give 'er a scrub, and rinse, Simple Green should take care of it. If not, the only solution that comes to mind would be paint thinner. Yes, paint thinner. Wipe on with a wet towel, wipe off with a dry towel. It may however dry out the plastic if there is some sun fading on the panels(the oils in the plastic cannot recover), then I would put some original armourall on a rag, and wipe it on the areas. Armourall will put some "oils" back in the plastic and give you that new look. I would not hesitate to use armourall at all.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you have calcium stains from concrete dripping down in underground parking, CLR, or something of that nature will remove the stain, but the pitting may be visible.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM

Depends on what kind of stains we're talking about... Most Common stain found on exteriorblack/gray trim other than dirt would be a whitish/yellowish hays also found on thefront cowl under the wiper blades... this is caused by one of two things or both 1. UV sun damage and or 2.wax residue... Ever wax your car and accidentally hit a plastic or vinyl molded area... when it dries its white or yellow and tough to remove... simply use alcohol on the plastic or vinyl part... now using alcohol will strip some of the natural oils in the plastic/vinyl.... I'd recommend "back to black" a mothers brand...

All others stains.... diluted simple green..

Paint scuffs.... light compound

www.ddnyc.biz

Old 10-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Try using a toothbrush or similar with soap. I cleaned my grill this way and it worked fine.