Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sliding Door Rubber Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Default Sliding Door Rubber Bumpers

I've recently purchased a used 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Ltd minivan. I noticed that from time to time the rubber door bumpers on the side slidng doors will stick to the frame of the van and pop out. One of them was missing because it must have popped out and fallen to the ground at some point.

In talking with a mechanic at the local Chrysler dealership, I came across a good fix that I thought I'd share. I was asking him if they had some sort of plastic tape that I could put on the frame to keep the rubber bumper from sticking to the frame (my Nissan has this sort of thing on the frame, wherever a rubber bumber meets the frame). Chrysler didn't have anythig, but he suggested some 3M tape that I could find at a store that installs truck caps (leonard, etc.). They sometimes use an anti-squeak or slick tape on the places of the truck bed where the rubber seal will rub to protect the paint and metal.

A local Leonard store had some that did the trick. I also found a store online where you can order the tape, so I thought I'd share it. I'm sure this is a problem with a number of cars.

Product: 3M Squeak Reduction Tape 5430 1 in x 3 yd
3M Website:

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html

Website to buy: http://www.handsontools.com/store/sh...roduct_id=4040

Hope this helps someone.