Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Dash lights stay on with car off

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Default Dash lights stay on with car off

I have a 2006 Pacifica.

When you shut the car off the cluster lights will not shut off, the key fob does not work and the hatch will not open. Unless you hit the hazards, then all is ok.

I searched and searched and only thing I could find is the grey/red wire triggers a 12+ signal to the bcm. there is a splice point under the carpet behind the drivers seat. That was replaced and still have the issue.

If I pull the connector that goes into the bcm and jump the pin for the gray/red wire with 12+ if clicks the dash off.........

anyone have this issue before?

Anyone have a wiring diagram I could take a look at?

Thanks all!!!

Old 06-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Default Same issue

I am having the exact same issue with my Pacifica. Did you find a repair?

Thanks!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:24 PM

Have you tried disconnecting the battery POS (+) cable and let it sit for about 10 minutes before reconnecting. If this doesn't do the check for loose connections and bad/loose grounds. These can back feed voltage if shorted. The FSM shows pinouts for the connectors but there's a 5th volume for electrical digrams which i have found (reasonable) yet.

My '06 had issues with both passenger windows and all the locks but the driver's door and rear hatch (thankfully). After tracing and troubleshooting it came down to a broken constant feed in the bundle along the passenger well. It's interesting how this car (really all now) that send signals through the BCM before actually activating/actuating the controlled device. Something is not telling your dash to go to sleep basically.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Default 2004 chrysler pacifica cluster lights stay on when car off

So I would love to save everyone tons of money, I have a 2004 chrysler pacifica and when I turn the car off and remove the key the cluster lights stayed on and drained my battery. Well I tried changing the cluster and nothing, I changed the bcm and nothing well after a little research I discovered this is a very common problem and as I seen on this forum people are spending tons of money trying to figure out the issue, so here's what you do, you pull out the driver side rear floor panel pull the carpet back until you see the wires search for the grey and red wire 99.9% that wire is corroded and broke. There is one on one side and four on the the other you just cut off the corrosion and reconnect and walla everything works again!! "I would post pics but this site has no way of doing that"

Old 07-31-2017, 02:02 PM
RGD
Default RD

Exactly where under the rear driver side floor is the wire harness?

Originally Posted by Rbailey19
So I would love to save everyone tons of money, I have a 2004 chrysler pacifica and when I turn the car off and remove the key the cluster lights stayed on and drained my battery. Well I tried changing the cluster and nothing, I changed the bcm and nothing well after a little research I discovered this is a very common problem and as I seen on this forum people are spending tons of money trying to figure out the issue, so here's what you do, you pull out the driver side rear floor panel pull the carpet back until you see the wires search for the grey and red wire 99.9% that wire is corroded and broke. There is one on one side and four on the the other you just cut off the corrosion and reconnect and walla everything works again!! "I would post pics but this site has no way of doing that"

Old 07-31-2017, 02:03 PM
RGD

Old 08-02-2017, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by RGD
driver side rear seat, pull carpet up starting with the plastic molding you see right when you open the door, then pull carpet back until you see the wires but they should be visible after removing the molding

Old 04-12-2018, 04:10 PM

Just finished solving this issue.
front control module by the battery at the blue connector found a broken wire that feed the bcm with power circuit to put the instrument
cluster to sleep.......................... good luck guys.

Old 11-23-2019, 02:15 PM
Default Mr Bailey

Originally Posted by Rbailey19

Is there ANY possible way you could text me photos?? It's KILLING ME!! LOL!!

If you can message me.... thank you so much!!

Christine
253 686 0359

Old 02-17-2020, 10:06 AM
Smile Dash panel stays on. Thanks for the fix!

Originally Posted by cvert
Is there ANY possible way you could text me photos?? It's KILLING ME!! LOL!!

If you can message me.... thank you so much!!

Christine
253 686 0359
Here's a picture. What a dumb place to put a splice. I gave the wire going to the back a tug and it broke off. Easirest if you pluu apart the wrapping around whwre the spaice is , then you can pull the splice part and fix the green gunge. I put a red wire in to bridge the gap as the gray/red wire going to the back was not long enough to reach the splice, and resoldered everything together. It looks like the problem occured due to the weather stripping around the door coming loose.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Dash lights stay on with car off