Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

DVD Rear video

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Default DVD Rear video

I just bought an 06 with the dvd changer. I bought a new mopar rear video kit online, but it is the 900 mhz one. I think I'm supposed to to have the IR one. Right? I don't want to get a different changer because of the Mp3. If it turns out this will not work for me, I will have no use for it. The seller wants a 20 percent restocking fee. I will be sending it back unless someone here wants it. I paid $332.00.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Default RE: DVD Rear video

I believe the 900 Mhz is the RF. The headphones have ot match the monitor I believe. Don't know which DVD player you have. They changed from IR to RF I believe but I don't know when. Anyway to pull DVD changer and get the part#? I think this is the only way to tell what monitor mathces w/ what player. Can't your dealer tell you what part# monitor kit you need?

If you search on Ebay for MrCd1 seller, he sells this stuff and tells what works with what.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 AM

I bought my kit from MrCd1. He listed it as being for any pacifica that comes with the 6 disc changer. I checked with the dealer, and I now know mine is the IR type. The dealer wants $750.00 for the kit, which I might pay, but first I need to sell this kit or send it back to MrCd1 and pay a 20% restocking fee. I should have researched it more before I bought it. But my car fits his description exactly, so I thought it was ok. MrCd1 does not have the IR kits either. In 04 it was the RF. After that all are IR, unless someone changed it. I can change the changer, but the older changers don't read Mp3's. And that is important to me. Hey, anyone want a NIB kit? Kevin

Old 04-18-2008, 12:40 PM

Mine is an 04 (March 04) and is the IR type from the factory, I have the red plastic cover above the screen on the mounting basethat emits the IR signal. I am not sure why MrCd won't take it back out right. He is pretty good about these things as I have dealt with him before.. but I hjave always email him first w/ questions. I bought an extra set of IR headphones from him for my system.

You may want to call Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America (they make the DVD player). Here is what they told me a while back

The type of headphones used is determined by the transceiver in the DVD player. As you mentioned, the earlier models have a RF transceiver and work with the RF headphones and later models have an IR transceiver. I believe that the remote control only interfaces with the DVD player, however because the DVD player and radio communicate via the vehicle’s BUS system it is possible to controls some radio functions by using the remote control, such as switching to headphones or speakers, changing modes, etc.

Bottom line, if you are looking to switch from RF to IR headphones (or vice versa) you will need to change the DVD player and headphones, not the radio. The remote control you have now will work with either DVD player, no need to buy a new one.

Their contact is 734-354-1307 You may want to look them up to see if theyhave an 800 #, I originally contacted them by email.

Also.. you are sure that the DVD came with the car from the factory? Was the dealer able to tell you this? Did they pull it and chjeck part#.?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:15 PM

The dealer said it is the IR type, but I will pull it for the part #. I bought the car new (leftover) with only 18 miles on it, so everything should be original. I appreciate the input. I will eventually figure this out. Hey, I saw on a postsomewhere that the 8" screen is cheaper. Anyone put the 8" mopar screen in their pac?