Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

EVIC Blank

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Default EVIC Blank

Hi. I have a 2004 Pacifica with DVD/NAV and EVIC. My wife stepped through the trip information to the blank screen because she got tired of looking at it. Well, I can't seem to get it to come back on so I don't see any information in the EVIC area now.

I have tried everything I can think of. I have stepped through hoping it would just go to the next option; just like when you select the blank option. My wife said she has turned it off before and turned it back on. I have checked the fuse and it is still good (obviously the fuse is good because it is the same one for the radio,etc...)

Before I take it took the dealer I hope someone might have any advice.

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: EVIC Blank

ELECTRONIC VEHICLE INFORMATION CENTER The EVIC has access to both non-switched and ignition switched sources of battery current so that some of its features remain operational at any time, while others may only operate with the ignition switch in the ON position. When the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, the EVIC display will return to the last function being displayed before the ignition was turned to the OFF position. For more information on the features, control functions and setting procedures for the EVIC, see the owner's manual in the vehicle glove box.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I have read the manual and all it has an entry in the section for Minitrip functions that says Off mode. Evidently you cycle through the options (fuel economy, distance to empty, compass) and when you come to the blank you just leave it there. My reasoning was that I should be able to just step through the menu and see text again. I have done that with the engine on and with the ignition in the ACC position. I am just baffeled that it won't cycle through the text menu any longer...

Maybe I missing something?

Thanks again for the fast reply...

Old 01-14-2007, 07:33 PM

I am currently facing the same problem. When you find out something can you please let me know.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 PM

Yet to find a solution. Had a tech from the dealership look at it and he was unable to get the screen to come back. I am able to make changes to the settings (I discovered this as I was punching through the menu and setup buttons and deactivated the automatic door unlock with the keys are removed from the ignition!) so I know that the system is working; it just doesn't display.

I have an appointment on Thursday to have it examined so hopefully I will have it corrected then.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 PM

Thank you for the update, I'm still having the same problem. I also tried to adjust the setting (after I read your post) and now my horn doesn't honk when I arm the car. So I can also adjust the setting but can't get the screen to work. Please let me know what was wrong and I will see if mine is the same. Thank you.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Well, I had it examined by the dealership today. It turns out that the entire cluster, which includes the navigation screen and the EVIC (message center) is on one "circuit board". The diagnosis is the part that displays the message center is shorted. The solution: replace the entire cluster, which includes the screen and all! Cost: $995.00 (price of the cluster). The service tech suggested I contact Chrysler and try to negotiate with them as the care only has 45K miles.

I am calling tomorrow; perhaps I can get them to knock off the price a little. The service rep and the tech who worked on the car have suggested that there is a good chance that Chrysler will spring for some dough.

I will let you know the result. I would encourage you to do the same!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:51 PM

I just took my Pacifica to the dealer and it was the same as you. They told me the part is covered under warranty.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:44 PM

having same problem. question so the only solution was to get a new gauge cluster? my car is an 04 just purchased it so i don't think warranty will cover. what to do?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 AM

I know this is a late response, but figured if it could help someone else it was worth posting for the Google Re-Searchers out there. My Mechanic was able to find a 0.5 amp fuse that was soldered into the cluster board itself. The fuse cannot be replaced as it is soldered onto the board, however, you can bypass the on-board fuse with a new one. He did this by soldering proper gauge wire on each side of the 0.5amp fuse and connecting the wire to a new 0.5 amp fuse from Radio Shack. Viola! The EVIC now works just fine. Apparently there is some sort of short or surge when the tire pressure sensor is tripped that is blowing this fuse. So with the new fuse I am able to replace it if it should blow again. Unless you are a mechanic yourself, I would not recommend doing this yourself, you could blow the cluster and end up with a blank system and end up having to replace the whole thing at 400-500 bucks for just the part plus labor!