Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Flickering lights on our Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Web site not found I am having this problem with my car and need the pics so my husband can fix it for me

Old 12-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Default I was not able to see the pics

I would like to see them so my husbands knows what to look for .

Originally Posted by mrfixit454
OK Folks,
I was able to contact Ranzy as he is off to other things now and with his permission, I offered to host his pictures so he sent them to me. I loaded them to Picasa for now so copy them if you want them as I don't know how long they will be out there. In a nutshell, you had another positive line to under the fuse box where the original red line inters the box. There is a post there to mount another line from B+. Make sure to use a red wire to avoid any confusion about polarity.

I let him know that he has been thanked may times here.

Hopefully this helps.....

http://picasaweb.google.com/mrfixit4...eat=directlink

Fixit

Old 12-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Default dmg0717 did you resolve?

What we think is the prime culprit is surprisingly the remote starter that came with the car!

If one plays around with any button other than the 'start', it can cause the dash lights to flicker crazily. Resolved by pressing the lock and unlock buttons on that remote starter fob. In other words, we have found the only button we should press is the one that starts the car. Use the primary key fob for lock/unlock/tailgate.

The related issue that we addressed as well as seems to be a Pacifica 'thing', was running a wire from the bottom of the fuse panel to the battery. I can supply pictures for that if requested.

Love the car. Drives so smooth. '04 front wheel drive.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Default Simple fix for 2005 Chrysler Pacifica flickering ABS brake light

I guess I was lucky because the only problem that I resolved after a little bit of soul-searching and fingers under the hood was that I had a loose negative ground at the battery very slight but yet still making erratic contact. If I were you and had this problem of the flickering lights before losing sleep and pulling out your hair check the battery cables. Other than that all is good and thank you for this forum as it was a great help in order to find out what direction to take to resolve my problem. Great job

Old 05-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Default 2006 pacifica

I was reading the post Ranzy had about the 2006 Pacifica I think it may help me but I can't look at the pictures he posted. Ranzy is there any way you can repost the pictures? Thank you in advance.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:15 PM

https://plus.google.com/photos/11826...OGWvY2fnKW9vAE

You don't say what symptoms you have?

Old 12-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Smile Flickering 06 Pacifica

Thanks, Ranzy, for the detailed explanation, which I am giving to my mechanic at the local Chrysler repair shop...its ridiculous how much money they have cost me! I only wish I could get the pictures too, so my hubby could maybe do this for our 06! I realize you posted in '08, though, but thanks again. I'm glad I found this site!

Old 12-11-2017, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the link for the Ranzy pics!!

Old 12-11-2017, 05:34 PM

If the Ranzy fix does not fix your problem, check the ground connections under the battery tray. That fixed it for me. The wires corrodes off from the lugs. Be sure to inspect closely. I even demounted the lugs to clean the posts without noticing the wires was corroded off as they were still held in place. I finally found the problem after hours of fault searching leading me back to the same ground posts. The wires were covered with rust protection and looked ok until pulling them hard. then it all fell apart. New lugs on all three posts fixed it.
This problem is also described in this thread. Page 15 #152

Old 02-27-2022, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Michael B Hildebrand
I can email the pictures to you, just leave me your email address.
zimmermanm76@yahoo.com I would appreciate if uou could send me the pictures it’s really frustrating find a solution and can’t see the pictures Thank You so much

Quick Reply: Flickering lights on our Pacifica