Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Flickering lights on our Pacifica

Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 AM

Sure, lets see if this works for you !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGaHaIXZioA

Thanks. *BW*

Old 06-18-2014, 08:05 PM

Thanks Barbara! The link worked. I wish that was my problem. It would be great if I could see those other pictures though. Regards.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:10 AM
Default Flickering lights

Could someone email me the pics? Tobkin5@hotmail.com

Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 AM

Here is a link to ranzy's pictures for the flickering lights problem.
https://plus.google.com/photos/11826...OGWvY2fnKW9vAE

I installed these cables a couple of months ago and it fixed the problem. For the ground cable, I bought a 40 inch 4 gauge battery cable from Auto Zone for $8.29 and ran it from the strut mount as shown in pics and attached other end to engine and attached it to the bolt that holds down the oil dip stick tube.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:55 AM

AS an FYI to everyone. The ground wire from the strut mount to the battery is not necessary. The problem (as Ranzy discovered) is a break/corrosion inside the plastic fitting for the power wire that connects to the fuse box. Two things to consider long term. Scraping paint under the strut mount nut will lead to rusting and this is a suspension mounting bolt so ideally you don't want soft material underneath it.

I replaced just the power wire 5 years ago and have never had an issue with the lights flickering since. I now have a hydraulic crimper and I've debated just replacing the end on the existing wire. Long story short, great repair that even the dealers couldn't figure out, but I wouldn't mess with the strut mount bolt. Clean your existing grounds if you have doubts.

One other note, based on Barbara's post. The alternator in our Pacifica worked fine until about 2 years ago. The one common thing that I always noticed with it was that everything connected to it was always hot. Its since been replaced and we don't have the same issues with heat. I suspect that its possible that increase in heat along the wire may be a contributing factor to the expansion in that connection joint that causes the flickering.

Last edited by tcwaltz; 07-18-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:35 PM
BKF
Default Flickering lights

I had the same problem as everybody else. Flickering lights, stuttering engine, occasional completely dead electrical.

I was able to find the Ranzy photos in a Google archive site, and complete a repair for about $12.

I ADDED a 40 inch cable to double the ground wire from the battery terminal to the connection to the main bus. There are two small tabs on the wheel well side of the fuse box that allows you to pivot the box up, exposing the bottom side. It's pretty obvious once you have it up where the cable needs to go.

Buy a 40 inch (it didn't look like it needed to be that long, but it does) cable with the flat connector on each end and patch it in.

If you need further details, or can't find the Ranzy photos, email me for further details.

Good luck!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:19 AM

I need HELP!!*
The symptoms:
Wiper relay 57 clicking non stop,*
ABS/TC/BK lights on are illuminated,*
Engine code light is on...code U110C
Depressing the brake will not release the shifter interlock. What is NOT Working: Radio, A/C, DVD, power (lighter) outlet, front wipers, headlights, fog lights.

First sign was when I tried to wash my back window. When I arrived back home I started researching online. I came across a post on another forum but it didn't say what the fix was. The crazy thing that post suggested was removing fuse #4 which is the "bcm 1 feed". After removing that fuse and turning my headlights on and turning the switch for the interior lights on, all of my warning lights go off, I can shift out of park, my power windows work, my radio works. What doesn't work is the front wipers, high beams and fog lights. My driver's side headlight is also out.

The code reader will only give me a U110C code.

I took it to my local shop and they wouldn't even look at it.

Any direction or help would be MUCH appreciated.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 AM

Brown53098, I suspect you ran across my posting on the Allparforums board. I had the exact same problem as you. You most likely have a bad ground as I did. Don't let anyone try to tell you its the PCM (fusebox) or BCM (Body Control Module). Under the battery and tray you will find 3 grounding points on the fender rail. On th 2nd or 3rd ground point you will find a set of wires (I think 6 total) that contains a black wire with a yellow stripe (there may be 2 black/yellow). One of these, possibly both are the ground wire for the PCM. When I first went through and cleaned all theses ground points on the fender rail, I didn't niotice unusual. When I went back for a second look after obtaining copies of a service manual I noticed that the black/yellow was completely disconnected from its terminal ring an other wires. What I suspecty happened was that due to corrosion (these wires are really thin) enopugh of the wire had lost it's contact that it statrted to make things go haywire and my messing around with cleaning the contacts totally dislodged an already broken connection.
If you want, send me an email with or without your phone# and I'll send you a picture. shadowride525@gmail.com

Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 AM

I guess I should learn to proof read before posting...LOL. Sorry.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by BKF
I had the same problem as everybody else. Flickering lights, stuttering engine, occasional completely dead electrical.

I was able to find the Ranzy photos in a Google archive site, and complete a repair for about $12.

I ADDED a 40 inch cable to double the ground wire from the battery terminal to the connection to the main bus. There are two small tabs on the wheel well side of the fuse box that allows you to pivot the box up, exposing the bottom side. It's pretty obvious once you have it up where the cable needs to go.

Buy a 40 inch (it didn't look like it needed to be that long, but it does) cable with the flat connector on each end and patch it in.

If you need further details, or can't find the Ranzy photos, email me for further details.

Good luck!

Hi sir.. i think i got the same problem as u for my 05pacifica.. can u send me the email and the details.. thank u very much.. hope u can see my post..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flickering lights on our Pacifica