Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Fog Light Kit Install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Default Fog Light Kit Install?

I was wondering if anyone has done a fog light kit installation, using the Chrylser factory kit, available on the chryslerparts.com web site? I am curious as to the complexity of the installation, especially the wiring routing (if necessary), and the location of the fog light on/off switch. Thanks!

Old 01-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Default RE: Fog Light Kit Install?

Pretty much you're going to have to find a place to insert the wires through since the factory system has them in the harness. The easiest place to pull them through is in one of your grommets in the fire wall, but DO NOT use the grommet for your brake pedal. The swtich will mount in the stock location. I'm not sure if they change the whole pannel, or if you can just cut it out. Second, you're going to have to take apart your fuse box to get to the appropriate fuse location to tap your main power into. I recomend just finding a 12V power source and then fusing it from there. It is more complicated than an aftermarket system. If I were you, I'd have them turn on all the time with the head lights using a simple relay. Cut your low beam harness and allow that to be the positive puller on the relay coil. Then ground the other side. The two terminals left are your switched circuit. Have a 16 gauge 15 amp wire going from your battery to the relay and on the other side TWO 16 gauge wires. One of the two will go back to your factory wiring harness and the second will give the positive for the fog lights. You will have to ground the fog lights.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

i dont think it will be as bad as the other poster says. All chrysler install kits come with instructions on what and how to do it.
I will tell u this most install kist are plug and play with the new systems. if its an early build then maybe a wire or 2 but of of the time it will plug into a harness or something in that line. The ones i have done have been that way.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 PM

I foundthe fog light installation instructions online, and it looks like the installation will be a piece of cake! No wire routing is required, except for the cable assembly being secured behind the front bumper, and plugging the connectors into the fog lights. The power connections are made by adding 2 wires to an existing connector located in the fuse box, and grounding the cable assembly to the frame. I'm guessing it will take 2-3 hrs. time at the most, and no special tools are needed-- a perfect job for a "do-it-yourselfer".

Old 02-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Do you mind posting the website where you found the instructions? Thanks in advance

Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 PM

here's a link:

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/chpafogli.html

this web sitehas installation instructions (in pdf format) for many of thePacifica (exterior) parts theylist.

enjoy!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:16 AM

Excellent! Thanks for the information

Old 01-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Curious if anyone has completed this installation and how it went! It looks straight forward. I called a dealer to get a price to do it and they wanted $417 installed + tax. The kit you can get on-line for only $111, so I think I will do it myself, unless anyone here has any horror stories from their own installation. The dealer quote was for 3 hours of labor, which also seems long to me... any feedback on how long it took you?
Thanks.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:54 PM

installing the kit is very easy.you should not need more that 45 mins to complete the whole thing.it took me about 30 mins to hook mine up .the only thing is that i already purchased the stalk for the fog light option when i upgraded my touring FWD to auto headlight option so i did not have to spent no time on that.you do not need to run any wire from the engine compartment to the cluster area/dash area.if yours is a tourin (even maybe some base models)are prewired for some of the options so all you have to do is plug and play.i did a couple upgrades on mine and they were easier than i thought.so good luck on installation the fog light.