Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Front Blower fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Default Front Blower fan not working

I have a 2004 Pacifica with a front blower fan not running. Rear fan works fine. Still need to check fuses and relays (Can the front and rear fan relays be switched to test?). After some research though, I think it may be the Blower Motor Resistor module.
Where is the Blower Motor Resistor located on this model and how hard of a job is this for a DIY?

Thanks

Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 PM

For MANUAL system, diagram indicates it is on the right side of the dash. Fan is fed by fuse # 42.

Automatic systems do not have a resistor bank.

What do you have?

Last edited by Sierrasan; 05-20-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 AM

I have an automatic system. I was able to switch relays and the the blower is still not working, so the relay is fine.
I found the power module behind the glovebox last night. Is there a way to test the module to see if it is failing and not the fan?

Thanks

Old 05-21-2009, 05:33 PM

The modules are solid state. If you feel brave enough you could try putting 12 volts to the dark green wire which is the pos and the black wire which is the neg for the motor. Disconnect the plug from the module and try that first. If the motor runs then you would have to start going backwards through each module.

Last edited by Sierrasan; 05-21-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 AM

Well, now I guess it is the power module. the front blower all of the sudden started working again. So the fan isn't the issue.

Any danger of letting it go until it stops again and then replacing the power module?

Thanks for you help!

Old 06-07-2009, 05:34 PM

Where is the fan blower resistor on 2004 Pacifica. It is not a ATC

Old 06-10-2009, 03:27 PM

its right behind the glove compartment box. bend the side flaps in and glove box will come down you will see the resistor against the wall, it has 2 plugs

Old 06-13-2009, 09:46 PM

Its funny, I'm reading your post & thinking that is identical issue to my 04 Pac...
except that I purchased the module replaced it & ..... nothing. I then hit it with my fist & fan came on - miracle!!! but by this time AC no longer blowing cold air.
So I went to friendly Autozone & bought 2 cans of freon, can of oil and vacumed system to 29 lbs & tried reinstalling with no luck. So then a mechanic that was shoping there proceded to help & told me that he hears the clutch coming on (I didn't) and that compressor was bad. Replaced compressor ( that's no fun - front wheel drive - no room for anything) tried recharging and $300 later back to squre one. Let me know if you end up with better solution than I did, because we are still burning up here in TX(101 DEGREES) daily.
Welcome any suggestions from folks with more expertise then me or autozone mechanic.
Thanks, Mark

Old 05-28-2011, 03:34 PM

Ok, I had the same problem as the original poster. Mine turned out to the the resistor control module. It was $86 for a new one at Advance Auto and they had it instock. The replacement has 5 prongs not 6 like the original, but it works as there is only 5 wires going into the harnesses.

The diagnosis was tricky as I was getting 12.5v at the motor but it was not turning. When the motor was connected to a 12v source it worked. I tried the module with help from a sympathetic parts store manager and it worked, so I bought it. Hope this helps someone.

I have ATC, the module is behind the glove box with two screws holding it in place, two harnesses coming out, one going to the blower.

Jay

Old 01-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Default Blower stuck on high

Blower fan was not working so I took it out and connected to 12v and it worked. I replaced the blower motor resistor and started to work. I left for work and now the motor is stuck on high even when I turn off the heater. Did I get a bad resistor or is it something else.

Quick Reply: Front Blower fan not working