Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Front End Noise - Resolved

Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Default Front End Noise - Resolved

Well after owning a 2005 Pacifica for a week, I brought it in for new front struts and outer tie rod ends.

This took care of the floating front end and my inspection guy mentioned the tie rods ends, so I had them done together. I had mentioned a front end noise on the passenger side to the dealer but this was even more noticeable after the new struts where installed. They evidently did not test it out for the noise that I had complained about. So, I took it to a new Chrysler dealer in town. They had a mechanic take a ride with me and I made the noises happen. He agreed and within 20 min they had me come back in the garage and he pointed out that I needed a shim on the passenger side axle and that my lower control arms had slightly worn bushings. they replaced both side control arms, which included lower ball joints as well as the bushings. Cost for all parts and labor was $834.

I got a call later that day and they indicated that while they where at it they noticed that I could use a PTU unit and that my car would not be ready until the next day. They even told me to come in and pick up a Sebring to use until my car was ready. I thought, WOW that was great service. So, I picked up the loaner car and waited for that dreaded call the next day for the cost of the final repair.

The called at 10 A.M. to let me know that my car was ready and that they where able to squeeze the complete cost of the parts and labor for the PTU replacement under the power train warrantee. I only had to pay a $100 deductible. So that was it I picked up the car and paid the $934. and off I went.

The front end felt great! Today I noticed that it seemed to feel better when I stepped on the accelerator. Is this my imagination? Did the PTU unit help with the power that I felt? It just seemed to feel like a brand new car. Even more so than the suspension parts.

Anyway, I am quite happy with this vehicle now and even happier to have met this service department at the dealer.