Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

front end rattle code p0457

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Default front end rattle code p0457

ok there ahs been some talk about the pacificas having a rattling noise from the front end when hitting bumps. well mine did to. i found this rattle to be the rubber sway bar mounts. the rubber gets worn by the bar moving up and down in the mount. maybe there should ahve been a tsb on this to tell people to put lube on the bushings.

anyway it ahs beed like 6 weeks and the noise have not returned so i'm posting my fix. this fix will not be a perminate fix but should last long enough for you to get new bushings or just get nes bushings and install them. i used a seection of heater hose and loosened the bolst and shoved the section of hose in between the bar and the bushing. the bolts that hold the bushing to the frame are not easy to remove. mostly rusted in but they did loosen. if you can spray them with some oil do it.

or ahve the dealer replace them for you, all i cans y is with all the people saying the repairs the dealer did did not work i checked out the area and found the bushing were loose as a goose. you can actually move them by hand.

good luck

code p0457 and the others in the evap code section turned out to be the nvld. it had a bad switch inside the unit and as soon as i replaced that valve. easy job the codes just went away. been 6 weeks and no codes. so for 40.00$ and an hour of your time jack it up securely remove the valve almost does the job itself no tool needed for me. part was just clipped on pull off the hoses remove the wire clip and replace it. done.

good luck on that one.