Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Fuel Gauge/Sensor Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Default RE: Fuel Gauge/Sensor Trouble

I need help with same problem regarding my 2004 Pacifica sending unit.....just purchased a new unit, but appears that 2 are needed. This is driving us nuts.....Who do I contact regarding the tsp #08-038-03? Is this the software needed for the PCM or what? Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for any assistance,
Sharon

Old 04-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Fuel Gauge/Sensor Trouble

the tsb is only for software for the pcm who said u need a fuel tank sending unit?? The dealer can flashyour cm for this issue if u fall within the build date and such the last 8 of the vin will tell on chryslers system if this tsb can apply to your pac. If the fuel guages drops out then comes back to life and that is all it does i would say u only need the pcm software update plus it wont cost u anything. Software updates are covers 8 years or 80k miles.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Default gas gauge dropping to empty when 1/2 full

Moe is correct....i was having the problem with my 2004 pacifica recently. I have 107,000 miles on this car with no problems...thankfully. It would drop to empty when the tank was half full. The "dinging" would drive me crazy and I felt like I was in the bermuda triangle the way the gauge was behaving. Fortunately my car still functioned and did not behave like i was out of fuel (car died while driving) like some posts reported. I called the dealer and told them my problem. He said it would be $100 just to look at it. I told him I didn't need him to look at it I just wanted them to "reflash the control module" and the reference number was 08-038-03. He told me that it would be $95 to do that and was annoyed that i had done my homework and said "hopefully that works for ya" in a cocky tone. Grrrr I hate it when men treat women like this. Brought my car in....within a 1/2 hr. i was back on the road and......YES....it worked!!! I am soooo thankful to sights like this. Thankyou to the Chrysler mechanic "MOE" for this suggestion. I'm sure they would've told me I needed a new fuel pump blah blah blah...phew

Last edited by allwunz; 01-19-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Default Fuel Gauge problem

We have an '07 Pacifica with 81,000 miles. I was coming back from a trip when the fuel gauge suddenly dropped from a half tank to empty and the engine light as well as the low fuel warning light came on. It bounced back and forth a few times and now the tank continually indicates empty even with a full tank. I tried to reset the computer by unplugging the battery for about 5 minutes but no luck. I'm wondering if there's a bad electrical connection. Any ideas?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Say it ain't so, Moe.

I read your, "...heres the tsb number you need ,I work for a dealer ship im not sure i could get in trouble but heres goes.tsb is for fluctuating fuel gauge operation.#08-038-03.now its just and update to your software in yout pcm.not parts are needed. plus remember it also goes buy your vin number on your car.i'll email you a copy of the tsb. let me know MOE!" ...a couple months ago for a problem I have with my 2004 Pacifica (87,117 miles).

After paying $75 for Tuttle-Click here in Irvine, CA to do this, I'm still getting the problem with fuel indicator chime.

Are you sure that was a fix way back on 8/25/2006 or do you think I have some crooks at the shop?

Thanks,
Jim 949.293.1444 Pacific Time zone

Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Default Fuel gauge fluctuation

I have been having the same problem with my 07 Pacifica. I have it set to read how many miles till empty on the the message center. It will say I have 189 miles till empty then all of a sudden drop to 9 miles to empty. My gas gauge goes from 1/2 full to empty and the light comes on & it chimes low fuel. It seems to be a chronic problem with this car & if Chrysler is the company they claim to be they should have a recall for this problem. I realize cars don't last forever but when the same problem happens over & over to hundreds of cars... its time for the company to step up and be responsible for the problem. It would be a great PR move for the company.

If I don't like the way a car performs I will definitely not buy from that manufacturer again!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Smile Same issue with my 2006 Pacifica

Thank you all for this thread...I just bought my 2006 Pacifica, it has 96,000 miles on it and this problem just started.
I will take it to the dealer and let them know about the reference code and the refresh. You may have saved me lots of money...

Old 08-01-2011, 01:09 PM

Can anyone actually confirm that reflashing the control module with the reference number 08-038-03 worked for them? I am getting the problem again after the mechanic supposedly did this. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Thumbs up i'am have the same problem!

i have the same problem!
Originally Posted by Bajavicki
4/6/2006 10:52:19 AM
hi how are you? i have a 2005 pacifica and now i'am have the same problem than you!so can you please tell me how did you fix your pacifica and what's the problem the mechanic ask me $800 to fix it.hi says it need a new pomp. if you hane any suggestion please let me know than you. Rene

PacificaBEW

Status: offline Was wondering if others are having this problem, or if there is a TSB or other recourse for dealing with it.

I have a 2004 Pacifica, and the fuel gauge frequently "drops out" to empty, sounds the low fuel tone, and then returns to normal. Usually happens at half a tank or less. Oddly enough, I had a 1997 Grand Caravan that did the exact same thing, but it didn't start until I had really high mileage (nearly 100K). But on my Pacifica, I only have 40,000 (of course, out of warranty ).

With my caravan, we replaced the entire fuel pump due to vehicle age. Have gotten a several-hundred-dollar estimate for my Pacifica to replace the sense/sending unit. Just seems ridiculous to me.

Then yesterday, a friend of mine that also has a 2004 Pacifica (50,000 miles on his), and he tells me, "Hey, I have this really strange problem with my fuel gauge......"

Are others having this problem? Clearly there is a design flaw or problem that Chrysler needs to address!

I am having the same problem I am hating this car any news on a recall??????

vicki

Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Telling the mechanic to "reflash the control module with the reference number 08-038-03" is supposed to work (if he'll do it right). The alternative for me has been to top off fuel tank when the chimes begin. That works for about 100 miles... I'm getting used to it now. I doubt if Chrysler will ever do anything about it.