Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Hack Skreem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 06:52 AM
Default Hack Skreem

I know exactly that auto security systems are designed to deter auto theft ! Now let’s say a single mother of 4 small children buys a nice dependable Chrysler vehicle to drive her kids to soccer etc ! One day she is at an away game/meet and when she is ready to leave for home her service immobilizer light is on and her car won’t start ! The young lady just recently borrowed money to buy the car and ins and finally thought she had dependable transportation ! Since the immobilizer light is on and even her neighborhood mechanic cannot repair the car ! She has no choice but to have the car TOWED to either a money starving dealer or a locksmith that will charge her $80 to just make the trip to her house ! After all is said and done the woman has been raked over the coals ! The bottom line is the dealers have a monopoly on a circumstance that is designed to keep ins companies happy ! All this being said and after I have read hundred of forum posts about this robbery I want to know why these security systems don’t have an owner only way of driving there car home if the dreaded immobilizer kills the car !

Since what I have read seems to come down to the secutity systems supply certain grounds to certain relays and more to allow the car to start ! You have a transponder (chip) key which sends a signal to an immoblizer receiver which inturn sends a signal to the OCM ECU ECM or whatever the car computer is called ! The computer then connects ground wires to complete a curcuit to allow all the other BS to allow the car to start ! Simple! Unless static charge or some unforseen action sends one of these security functions to go haywire ! Then you have some people that could barely afford the vehicle to begin with in the hands of someone somewhere sometimes charging them 100s and even 1000s of dollars ! Absolutely not acceptable !

My question is exactly what grounds does the Computer supply to what relays etc and why can’t a person just supply tbeir own ground wires to allow the car to start , if the choose to do such ! SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWA THAT HACK , how about sharing to that poor woman with the kids !!

Last edited by Brent Mason; 02-07-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Word
Old 02-07-2018, 08:05 AM

Nice STORY, But from your previous posts it sounds like you bought a "pig in a poke" and not the car as manufacturers fault but abuse/neglect of previous owner(s) An 11 yr old car now and condition of it when you got it, sounds like it had a rather rough life. What would you really expect of any car bought under similar circumstances?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:52 PM

I like pigs in a poke ! What can I say ! Thanks for helping everyone ! Even the people evidently unlike you that can’t or don’t want a new car ! Thanks for your generous and kind reply !

Old 02-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Excuse me? My most recent(7 months ago),and NEWEST year Chyler is an 04 T&C with 177K. Bought it for $1k US put <$500.00 into it, and has been GREAT. BUT I made sure it RAN and DROVE and Checked out all common issues BEFORE buying it. There is an old saying...BUYER BEWARE!

Old 02-07-2018, 03:00 PM

@ $225 I figured I could put a little money in it . I know the family who had it and ran great just they got newer car and this one set in garage for few months . Is what it is . I am sorry if I offended u .

Old 02-07-2018, 06:52 PM

Now, Have you tried a "hard reset"... Disconnect BOTH the Positive and Negative battery cables and touch the cable ends together Then hook back up?
Yes those modules work thru the neg. grounding verses the old school of supplying power to components, But it is ALL done inside the modules not ground wires. Almost impossible to circumvent, that is why it is ANTI THEFT.
Check out the wires under the fuse panel...have heard of lots of broken/corroded wires there that can mess things up also.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by REBEL59
Now, Have you tried a "hard reset"... Disconnect BOTH the Positive and Negative battery cables and touch the cable ends together Then hook back up?
Yes those modules work thru the neg. grounding verses the old school of supplying power to components, But it is ALL done inside the modules not ground wires. Almost impossible to circumvent, that is why it is ANTI THEFT.
Check out the wires under the fuse panel...have heard of lots of broken/corroded wires there that can mess things up also.
those SUCK, I had a mitsubushi eclipse that had the immobilizer kick on, in my case I only had 1 transponder key, so I taped it behind the ignition switch and used regular keys.

well, one day my foot slipped off the clutch at a light, I broke a cv joint and bumped a jeep. No damage to the cars, had towed to my mechanic.

the transponder key had fallen out, started with regular metal key, immobilizer kicked on

I had forgotten all about the transponder key. They couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start, and are a reputable experienced shop

I only remembered that it had that transponder key behind the ignition years later, sure enough , I went and looked, it had fallen off during the accident.

since my keys weren't transponder style they never thought to check that.

I tried hooking wires right to the starter to start with a remote start buttton, nope.

hard restart.
nope

and the key is lost now. I vaguely remember picking it up off the floor after the accident and thinking, "oh, here is the good black key" forgetting it was transponder.

now I have 1 key for my pacifica, I want to orderthe set of 2 replacement's for $20 off amazon, but I'm terrified of the immobilizer.

how can you disable it?

Old 02-12-2018, 06:54 PM

I may be wrong but ii could set off the immobilizer if a non programmed key is used ! Along with talking to a knowledgable locksmith we have determined my immobilizer module is bad . I sent for a new one and also 2 new keys in which will be cut and programmed by the locksmith . I chose not to have car towed to a dealer ! I don’t think there is a way to turnnoff immobilizer ! If u have one good key u would need at least one programmed so u have two good keys then u could program the third key . Search this number on ebay for two keys , I just got them and look real good 252407118340